Coast Produce Company is a family owned business that has been in the produce industry for over 55 years. We procure and distribute fresh fruits and vegetables to retail, foodservice and government customers. Our merchandising team prides itself on innovation and creativity, superior customer service and exceptional sales results.
We now have an opening for a Produce Merchandiser to join our team in Los Angeles/Riverside, CA.
If you are passionate about produce, and interested in a career with Coast Produce, then qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resumes.
- Provides hands-on training for associates in areas such as: product display techniques, rotation, culling, sanitation and ordering
- Coordinates with the produce manager on appropriate store ordered quantities for weekly ad orders, farmers markets, in-store sampling and special events
- Provides procurement with timely weekly estimates on ad items
- Provides weekly and monthly reports documenting training sessions, number of store visits, store conditions, events and goals accomplished at store level.
- Effectively communicates with the store director and produce manager on a weekly basis regarding upcoming events, holidays, demos, national ads and seasonal product introductions
- Executes the Coast Produce/DeCA marketing and merchandising plan. This includes introduction of new products, seasonal resets, building secondary displays, case lot sales, on site sales, cross merchandising in other departments and execution of promotional programs
- Coordinates logistics and product for cross merchandising promotions with grocery vendors in the produce department to include display building and coupons
- Collaborates and assists the DeCA produce team in participating and winning produce contests.
- Transports, replaces and maintains all marketing materials, point of sale advertising and recipe cards
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of the produce industry relating to seasonal changes and variety of products
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends and evenings.
- Maintains and builds professional, team relationships with co-workers and customers
- 2 to 5 years experience in the produce industry
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Clean driving record and clean background check
- Local travel, up to 60 miles
- Organized and able to prioritize/multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers
- Professional appearance