The COLLABORATIVE FOR FRESH PRODUCE (CFP) is a non-profit organization partnering with commercial farmers and food banks to efficiently collect and distribute donations of imperfect and surplus produce to food banks and the hungry families they serve.
Farming areas are scattered across the country, but hunger is everywhere. Let’s work together to give more people access to the fresh produce needed to support a healthy lifestyle. Join us in fighting hunger by fighting food waste!
We are currently accepting resumes for a Produce Fulfillment Specialist to join our team.
The Produce Fulfillment Specialist will identify and facilitate the marketing and distribution of fresh produce to the Feeding Texas and Feeding America network through engaging food bank produce teams, shippers and transportation companies, utilizing Fusionware, Produce Matchmaker and other tools to help the organization meet or exceed its strategic growth targets.
Please include a one page cover letter with your resume submission. Please note, they will need to be submitted as a single document (doc., docx., pdf. Etc).
- Actively engage food bank produce teams to fulfill produce needs
- Work collaboratively with food bank teams and other sourcing stakeholders
- Align with Members (food banks, member led cooperatives, and state associations) in identifying, matching and planning demand with available or future supply
- Educate donors/members on offer/order processing
- Assist with donor and member issues related to produce loads
- Report activity as directed, driving Key Performance Indicators of pounds, cost and other metrics
- Assist in onboarding process of new produce donors as directed
- Act as a backup to food bank produce teams when necessary
- Provide professional, responsive and appreciative customer service to all food bank partners, donors, and co-workers
- Maintain collaborative relationships with all stakeholders, internal and external
- Limited travel to food banks and produce industry events
- Expand produce knowledge (ex: PACA rules & regulations, grade vs. condition, seasonality/availability)
- Complete special initiatives and projects as needed
- AA/BA/BS or equivalent preferred
- Experience in foodbank preferred
- Experience in produce industry preferred
- Experience in transportation industry preferred
- Experience in a customer service role preferred
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent customer service and communication (written/verbal) skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger by serving Foodbanks who serve Clients
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is a plus