Columbia Fruit Packers is one of the finest apple and cherry operations in the Wenatchee Valley. It's our vision to be a leader in providing warehouse services and returns by recognizing the importance of grower tonnage, maximizing returns for grower fruit while efficiently utilizing labor, expenses, and capital assets. We continue to look forward to future successes of our growers, employees, and company.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Accountant to join our team in Wenatchee, WA. This is a full-time career opportunity. The employee must be detail oriented, professional-minded, and always maintain a professional image. Must be honest, trustworthy and respectful of self and others and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
The successful candidate will assist the CFO in the processing of the organizations accounting functions. This position is also responsible for inventory, cost accounting, general ledger account reconciliation and analysis, as well as month-end-close.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Technology savvy with fluency in MS Office and accounting related software
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and responsibility
- Maintain the highest standards of confidentiality regarding critical and sensitive information
- Agribusiness experience helpful, but not required
- 5+ years of hands-on accounting experience
- CPA Certification highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Accounting from four-year College
- Must have thorough knowledge of financial reporting
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization