Are you ready to take the next step in your career and run the show? Perhaps you’re tired of the status quo of a less innovative company. Here is a passionate team where decisions can be made quickly. This company has maintained a great balance with enough volume to sell to the large customers while maintaining a tight handle on the quality of product and service.
Our client is a successful family-owned business that is continuing to grow and diversify in CA, AZ, and Mexico. Their long standing grower relationships serve as a testament to their integrity. They are proactively generating more business with new commodities and working to acquire additional grower deals. Customer relationships are everything to them with their mission to maintain the highest quality produce while fulfilling customer needs on a year-round basis.
With this growth and diversification there comes a need for an exceptional leader to take over the sales operations working both tactically and strategically as VP of Sales and Marketing. This individual will work with, support, challenge, and partner with the CEO/ownership. They will lead, unify, motivate, elevate, evaluate, and direct the sales group while constantly identifying new opportunities to grow the business. The VP of Sales and Marketing will communicate and translate in three key directions -- between the company, customers, and the growers.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader with in-depth industry experience and a true passion for the Produce Industry. You must have a record of building and coaching high-performance teams, and outstanding relationships with internal and external customers. You must be an initiative-taking communicator who encourages open conversations.
This is a special opportunity to have a “seat at the table” with a passionate group of professionals who are always looking to improve upon their business and move it to the next level. They offer a supportive family-like culture, an attractive compensation package and room to grow professionally as the business continues to develop.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Lead the Sales and marketing team ensuring the success of day-to-day operations of the department, while developing healthy competition within the team and maintaining focus on the company’s strategic goals.
- Become an integral member of the leadership team with decision-making, planning, strategy, company direction, branding, etc.
- Establish and execute the sales plan, budgets, and marketing strategy, utilizing a thorough understanding of market opportunities, company operational capabilities, industry trends and the overall strategic plan of the company.
- Proactively achieve sales and profit goals by evaluating and responding to the changing needs of customers.
- Maintain and develop relationships with customers in an effort to market the Company’s programs in a manner designed to generate the highest possible return to the growers.
- Coach, develop and mentor the sales team with a direct approach that includes leading by example.
- Drive and lead continuous development and refinement of the processes, procedures, systems, and protocols.
- Provide the highest level of integrity and promote a positive company image inside and outside the organization.
- Lead by example and doing, in all areas, including dealing with people and customer service while maintaining a pulse on the market.
- Develop sales proposals and presentations for customer meetings.
- Gather, analyze, and prioritize new customer requirements and manage resources to drive business.
- Monitor, measure and report on sales and marketing plan results against stated goals.
- Drive successful new product launches and sales interactions.
- A passion for produce and working in agriculture is necessary.
- 10+ years of sales and marketing leadership experience in the produce industry with a successful record of building and coaching teams.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and grounded in the immediate and practical with the ability to get-stuff-done.
- Strategic mindset, excellent critical thinking skills, and high degree of proactive resourcefulness.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with ability to make sound decisions and solve problems in a confident, decisive manner.
- High-energy initiative-taker with the ability to lead by example, guide sales and mentor the team with open and honest communication.
- Strong people skills with a drive to improve, grow and adapt the business.
- Must have retail, foodservice and/or wholesale market relationships and sales success with a true pulse on the market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business or related field preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Preferred.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!