The Terminal Market Manager is responsible for selling and sourcing product (directly or through the procurement team), to his/her customers and ensuring all product lines meet our company’s quality and specification standards.
The experienced candidate must have the ability to sell wholesale produce using their book of business while gaining and building strong working relationships in the industry. Ideal candidate will have outstanding service standards with suppliers, customers, and key members of the organization.
The Terminal Market Manager, while physically working in Northern CA., is part of a larger operation which includes our other warehouses, sales teams, procurement departments, and transportation staff. All of our departments work together providing our customers an exceptional experience utilizing the company fundamentals.
Leadership and Culture:
- Excels in relationship management and thrives in team environment
- Demonstrates integrity and commitment to suppliers, customers and company associates
- Champions the culture and values of the company
- Operates independently with minimal direction
- Actively identifies needs and works strategically and tactically to exceed goals and expectations
- Strives for exceptional service to internal and external customers
- Maintains current company clients while developing new business
- Analyze sales, variances from budget, annual budgets
- Develop promotional activities, weekly reports and review price changes/margins
- 5+ years’ experience in wholesale produce sales
- Passionate, fun, and has a positive outlook
- Strong Bay Area and West Coast produce relationships
- Must have a Northern California independent, wholesale, and foodservice customer base
- Must have a solid book of business
- Entrepreneurial and a self-starter
- Provide daily availability and cost updates to customers and internal team
- Results driven with a customer satisfaction track record
- Excellent communication skills and organizational abilities
- Flexible schedule
- Must be able to travel
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have “Up to Date” car Insurance
- Ability to work in a cold environment (36 – 40 degrees)
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to climb stairs daily on numerous occasions
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability to work weekends
- Be In “Good Standing” with the PACA
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!