We are full-Service Produce Distributor in the Hunts Point Terminal Produce Market, Bronx, NY. We are seeking an experienced financial person as an ASSISTANT to our Controller to oversee and manage Accounting, Bookkeeping, AP, AR, as well as, regulatory issues. Will be Local 153 Union employee after (90) “at will” day trial period.
- Managing all aspects of the accounting operation, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, general ledger and financial reporting, ensuring that records are maintained properly.
- Managing cash flow and treasury functions.
- Coordinating, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages including analyzing financial results with respect to profits, trends, and costs.
- Coordinating financial results for outside Accounting firm.
- Assisting with building an accounting department as the company grows.
- Developing and documenting policies and procedures for key accounting, tax, and other matters.
- Filling in for office vacations
- 5 + years of experience
- Accounting /Finance Degree preferred – will consider strong Produce Market experience in lieu
- PRODUCE PRO experience a major PLUS
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of a similar background, preferably with an organization within the produce industry and/or Terminal Market.