We have recently opened our American headquarters in Southern California. Our team is extremely collaborative. We have a lot of fun while working hard. We have big plans for growth here and offer tons of room for advancement.
We are looking for a self-directed and motivated individual who can deliver exceptional results with limited supervision in a fast-paced and extremely dynamic environment as Operations Supervisor. This is a newly created and essential role responsible for the coordination and oversight of quality and inventory once it reaches the ports on the West Coast (US & Canada).
The Operations Supervisor is based remotely the distribution center in Carson, CA. This role will work closely with the Operations team and partner to co-ordinate and ensure the efficient and smooth delivery and receipt of product into the warehouses, while ensuring product quality and production efficiencies are met and maintained throughout the supply chain.
- Ensure 3PLs execute tasks including managing vessel/container arrivals communications and day-to-day relationships with service providers, pallet handling, cool storage and temperatures control, ethylene management, hygiene/food safety standards, as per the company’s requirements.
- Train, audit and monitor 3PL checking staff to ensure quality checking activities and reporting is carried out as per the company’s standards and in line with Supplier Accountability requirements.
- Daily monitoring and reporting of quality. Initiate appropriate action for inventory management.
- Daily monitoring and active management of stock levels, age/risk of stock and ensuring Pallet Priority Status (PPS) is accurately reported, applied and utilized.
- Ensure that 3PLs execute retail repack operations effectively, efficiently and in line with company guidelines. Monitor fruit loss and quality assessments, input costs and ensure productivity and efficiency is aligned to achieve budget targets.
- At least 5 years of supervisory experience in operations that includes warehouse and inventory management with knowledge of distribution, and logistics. (Imported fresh produce or perishables a plus).
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others.
- Ability to gain the confidence of a wide range of individuals but specifically customers, service providers, management and staff.
- Must have a proven track record of an impeccable work ethic and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Advanced skills in Excel, and inventory/warehouse management systems.
- Must be able to travel as needed (domestic & international).
- Knowledge of Food Safety and Quality highly desired.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.