We are an importer and distributor of fresh fruit in North America. We have long-standing supply relationships around the globe which enable us to provide an abundant supply of premier product year-round. We are a well-established company with a collaborative culture that encourages growth and development of our team members.
As we continue to focus on further developing business with retail customers, we are searching for a Sales Executive to join our team in the West. In this results-driven role, the ideal candidate will be focused on planning, managing and executing product sales and customer development for a customer base primarily served from the West Coast. This position will work out of our sales office in the Central Valley of California and will report to the Director of Sales who is based in Philadelphia.
This is an opportunity to join a motivated team of empowered people who have the opportunity to make an impact on our business. You will be expected to make decisions and rely on your own discretion. We welcome you to contribute your ideas and knowledge. We offer competitive compensation and benefits as well as room for growth.
- Sell and service existing retail customers with the company’s complete product line with a view to retaining and expanding existing business
- Participate actively and aggressively in expanding the Company’s business, identifying and developing business opportunities with new and existing customers
- Collaborate with senior staff and procurement to establish and develop seasonal programs with customers on all products
- Administer sales including order entry, follow-up, management of problem sales, rejections and claims settlement
- At least five years of retail sales experience in fresh fruit sales and marketing with a high level of retail customer contact
- A deep knowledge of the citrus and table grape categories with a good understanding of those commodities’ import cycles (seasons), supply chain details and import operations
- A knowledge of imported stone fruit, cherries, apples and pears is a plus
- A deep understanding of the US retail fresh produce sector
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage customers on a regular and consistent basis
- Passionate about sales and sales development with a skill for identifying new opportunities and going after them
- Strong sense of responsibility to resolve issues, follow-up with customers and to act with integrity and honesty
- Strong organizational and self-management skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office required, familiarity with Famous™, Foodlink and iTrade a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred