Our client has been farming land in the Coachella Valley for over 65 years. Today they farm more than 5,000 acres, growing and marketing top quality table grapes, citrus and vegetables.Their state of the art and centrally located packing facility allows them to pick, pack and cool their product quickly in an energy efficient and sustainable environment.
This family-owned and operated company is constantly thinking of new ways to expand and improve their business. They aren’t afraid to try new things and continue to evolve. They aren’t afraid a challenge. In addition, they care about their people and strive to provide a good atmosphere for their employees.
We are searching for this company’s next Chief Financial Officer, who will be an integral part of the senior management team and be responsible for the oversight and leadership of all activities related to finance, accounting and information technology. Reporting primarily to the President and secondarily to the other family members, the CFO will have three direct reports including a Senior Controller, Controller and Accounting/Payroll Manager and will also be responsible for managing an outsourced IT resource.
- Evaluate, recommend and implement policies, procedures, systems, organizational structures, and personnel assignments related to accounting, finance and information technology.
- Interpret all accounting, financial, budgetary, and reporting information.
- Oversee accounts payable cash payments, account receivable/collections, job costing, computer systems, and other related functions.
- Manage the accurate and timely preparation of all financial statements (e.g., P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow) and supporting schedules, according to the required timetable (e.g., monthly, quarterly and/or annually).
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are maintained appropriately.
- Ensure preparation of information, reports, and working papers for all operating and capital budgets.
- Ensure proper controls are identified and enforced related to banking relationships.
- Ensure accurate and timely availability of all information, reports, and papers as required for auditing and tax preparation purposes.
- Ensure that appropriate insurance policies (except those related to HR activities) are executed to protect the assets of the Company.
- Ensure that all computer systems (hardware and software) are maintained and that relevant employees are trained properly regarding them.
- Maintain a current knowledge base with respect to changes in the industry affecting the above identified responsibility areas and recommends appropriate actions.
- Ensure that all direct reports are managed effectively (e.g., position descriptions, training, performance reviews).
- Ensure that there are sound working relationships with all areas of the Company that interact with the Finance Department.
- Perform other duties and projects as requested primarily by the President and secondarily by the other family members.
- Minimum 10 years of accounting and finance with at least 5 years of experience working in the "fresh market produce" industry.
- BS/BA in Accounting, CPA a plus.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with expert knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Knowledgeable and experienced with tax.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting data, forecasting and producing financial reports.
- Expert knowledge of information technology and current software programs. Experience with Famous Software strongly preferred.
- A collaborative team player with a teaching mentality.
- An excellent understanding of the working relationships within a very family-oriented company.