We are one of the largest organic growers in our category!
We’re a grower/shipper/packer/
Our business is growing. We function and think like a startup, and at the same time we have the land, crop and sales. It’s the best of both worlds! The fun, excitement and work of a startup, and a solid foundation with significant resources to grow our business and brand.
Our team truly has fun while working hard. They are growing in their careers while we grow as a company. We give people the freedom to operate, share ideas and make decisions. We offer competitive salaries, bonus incentives and benefits.
We are currently in search of an experienced General Manager to join our remarkable leadership team and take full responsibility of responsibility of running the Coachella operation including the full P&L as well as interacting with lenders, local date farmers, suppliers, and customers.
This position will work closely with the farming operations and our sales and marketing team and play an integral role in the evolution of our company.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Developing annual operating plans and executing
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (Production, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Assist CEO and board in fundraising ventures
- Participate and in some cases lead expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- All aspects of Food Safety and Quality Assurance
- Create systems and processes to successfully deliver against operational targets and KPIs
- Plan, develop and implement strategies for operational management to meet organizational performance plans and gross margin targets within agreed budgets and deadlines
- Oversee daily operations and provide supervision to a rapidly scaling company in an energetic, creative atmosphere you will help build and create processes for success.
- Collaborate on defining and fostering the Company Culture, leading by example. You are one of the principal stewards here, ensuring that others are involved, invested and positively contributing to this critical area of success.
- Collaborate with other Managers, Directors and Senior Executives to create a cohesive Leadership unit, whose highest priorities are achieving goals and becoming a more effective team together.
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day metrics of business to ensure success.
- Manage and oversee staff across departments providing coaching and support.
- Quickly learn new concepts and technologies and convert them into customer solutions
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred
- Fluent in Spanish
- 15 years’ plus experience in the food industry managing a plant and $50MM P&L responsibility
- Food Plant Leadership experience with over 100 employees
- Experience defining and implementing CAPEX programs over $5MM
- Experienced with Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs
- Proven experience in a fast-paced CPG environment
- Must have a strong project orientation, works well with deadlines, good follow up and follow through skills
- Experience working in California Agriculture and executing harvests
- Experience working with industrial customers
- Experience dealing with international suppliers
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Experience with Continuous Improvement Programs