There are jobs, and then there are opportunities to join something special. A place where you can make a difference and see all your skills and experience put to use and be rewarded for it professionally, personally and financially. This is one such opportunity!
We are one of the largest organic growers within our category. We’re a grower/shipper/packer/processor of organic fruit. We are based in the Coachella Valley of California.
Our business is growing. We function and think like a startup, and at the same time we have the land, crop and sales. It’s the best of both worlds! The fun, excitement and work of a startup, and a solid foundation with ample resources to grow our business and brand through sales and acquisitions.
We are currently in search of an experienced operations leader to join our remarkable leadership team as COO. This is a newly created position due to the rapid expansion of our business. The COO will be responsible for running our Coachella operations, including having ownership of the full P&L. You will be interacting with local farmers, suppliers, vendors, customers, lenders and more. This position will work closely with farming operations as well as our sales and marketing team and play an integral role in the evolution of our company.
Our team truly has fun while working hard. We are growing in our careers while we grow as a company. We give people the freedom to operate, share ideas and make decisions. We offer competitive salaries, bonus incentives and benefits.
- Oversee daily operations and provide supervision to a rapidly scaling company in an energetic, creative atmosphere where you will help build and create processes for success
- Plan, develop and implement strategies for operational management to meet organizational performance plans and gross margin targets within agreed budgets and deadlines
- Collaborate on defining and fostering the Company Culture, leading by example. You are one of the principal stewards here, ensuring that others are involved, invested, and positively contributing to this critical area of success
- Collaborate with other Managers, Directors and Senior Executives to create a cohesive Leadership unit, whose highest priorities are achieving goals and becoming a more effective team together
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day metrics of business to ensure success
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Develop and execute annual operating plans
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (Production, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Assist CEO and board in fundraising ventures
- Participate and (in some cases) lead expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners/vendors
- Oversee all aspects of Food Safety and Quality Assurance
- Create systems and processes to successfully deliver against operational targets and KPIs
- Manage and oversee staff across departments providing coaching and support.
- Quickly learn new concepts and technologies and convert them into customer solutions
- 15+ years of progressive experience in the food industry with a proven track record of success
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred
- Food Plant Leadership experience with over 100 employees and $50MM+ P&L responsibility
- Experience defining and implementing CAPEX programs over $5MM
- Familiarity working in California Agriculture and executing harvests
- Experienced with Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs
- Proven experience in a fast-paced CPG environment
- Must have a strong project orientation, works well with deadlines, good follow up and follow through skills
- Experience working with industrial customers
- Experience dealing with international suppliers
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing etc.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Experience with Continuous Improvement Programs
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Fluency in Spanish is highly desired