We are one of the largest organic growers in our category! We’re a grower/shipper/packer/
Our business is growing, and we’re building a state of the art packing facility this year. We function and think like a startup, and at the same time we have the land, crop and sales. It’s the best of both worlds! The fun, excitement and work of a startup, and a solid foundation with significant resources to grow our business and brand.
Our team truly has fun while working hard. They are growing in their careers while we grow as a company. We give people the freedom to operate, share ideas and make decisions. We offer competitive salaries, bonus incentives and benefits.
We are currently in search of an experienced Vice President of Operations to join our remarkable leadership team and take full responsibility of the design, development, building and leadership of our new packing facility which should be fully functional by Summer 2020. This position will work closely with the farming operations and our sales and marketing team and play an integral role in the evolution of our company.
- Oversee capital investment projects and be directly involved with equipment selection and installation
- Staff our facility with the highest quality team
- Create systems and processes to successfully deliver against operational targets and KPIs
- Plan, develop and implement strategies for operational management to meet organizational performance plans and gross margin targets within agreed budgets and deadlines
- Oversee daily operations and provide supervision to a rapidly scaling company in an energetic, creative atmosphere - you will help build and create processes for success!
- Collaborate on defining and fostering the Company Culture, leading by example. You are one of the principal stewards here, ensuring that others are involved, invested and positively contributing to this critical area of success
- Collaborate with other Managers, Directors and Senior Executives to create a cohesive Leadership unit, whose highest priorities are achieving goals and becoming a more effective team together.
- Manage and oversee staff across departments providing coaching and support
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day metrics of business to ensure success
- Lead and manage the entire farming and operations team
- Lead the quality and continuous improvement program
- Establish an extraordinary culture for our future teammates
- Manage the receiving, grading and packing of our beautiful organic fruit
- Manage seasonal labor requirements
- Coordinating closely with 3PL’s and operations partners
- Responsible for all aspects of Food Safety and Quality Assurance and Certifications including organic and internationally recognized food safety programs
- Quickly learn new concepts and technologies and convert them into customer solutions
- 15-20 years of experience in the food and agriculture industry; preferably California
- 10+ years of leadership experience with increasing responsibility
- Proven experience in overseeing a large project, including managing the development and building of a new processing facility from the ground up.
- Experienced with Food Safety and Quality Assurance programs; BRC, SQF, Certified Organic
- Experienced with working with contractors and other 3rd party vendors associated with building and running a food production operation from the ground up.
- Experience building and leading a team of more than 50 employees
- Experience managing seasonal labor
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA preferred
- Bilingual – Spanish and English