We are a grower on the East Coast and in Mexico. Proudly family-owned and operated.
We are looking for a high-energy, bilingual (English/ Spanish) individual to be our Human Resources H2A Specialist. The successful candidate will coordinate the temporary employment of immigrant foreign workers for our farming operations. This person is hard-working, organized, and team orientated. Our new coordinator should be ready and willing to learn about the H-2A program through on-site training and educational conferences. Potential candidates must be eager to join a fast-paced family-run business.
The Human Resources H-2A Specialist organizes the temporary employment of non-US workers in compliance with the law. The Specialist is involved in the hiring process of the workers and regulates a safe housing environment. This position is a catalyst, with the guidance of Human Resources and H-2A Administrator, in ensuring a safe workplace. The Specialist maintains the integrity of the H-2A program and implements the job duties with professionalism.
- Assists in finding satisfactory housing
- Assists in organizing and implementing housing contracts with owners/landlords
- Ensures housing inspections follow DOL and OSHA regulations and procedures
- Coordinates with landlord(s) to ensure building maintenance
- Coordinates with H-2A Administrator on ordering necessary housing supplies
- Checks and organizes housing prior to arrival of H-2A workers
- Coordinates with crew leaders and management on all transportation
- Collaborates with Human Resources on resolving employee issues
- Must speak English and Spanish
- Computer proficiency including MS Office
- Willingness to travel and overnight stays when required company vehicle provided when needed
- Strong communication skills
- Superior management skills with strong reasoning abilities
- Valid Driver’s License
- Medium to high level of physical abilities
- Strong organizational skills