As a leader in the produce industry for over 35 years our client is a proud and reputable grower, packer, shipper in the South East. Their company is growing and with growth comes opportunity!
We are actively searching for a Senior Transportation Manager. This role is an integral part of this company’s success and encompasses the essential functions of sales, brokering, dispatching and transportation within all areas and regions of the organization and market.
In the position of Sr. Transportation Manager, you will oversee the daily operations including servicing customers, managing orders, building shipments, dispatching trucks, negotiating with freight carriers and handling customer questions and complaints. With your established book of business, you will utilize your existing broker relationships, and you will also be involved in prospecting for customers, new carriers and maintaining positive customer and carrier relationships.
The most exciting part of this role is that you can make this department YOURS! You’ll have the ability to develop and lead your team strategically while ushering along plans for the continual success of this department.
A competitive compensation and benefit package are offered for this role.
- Plan, evaluate and recommend overall strategies for logistic operations in order to meet company goals, objectives and enable staff to effectively operate the business to satisfy customer needs
- Implement and manage and key performance indicators (KPIs) and financial resources to achieve company goals
- Implement and manage business plan and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability
- Oversee staffing requirements, interviewing, hiring and training new employees.
- Recognize deficiencies in logistics and develop improvement processes
- Lead employee safety by maintaining safe working conditions that exceed safety metric targets
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal laws, regulations and company policies
- Negotiate rates with existing and potential customers
- Maintain billing accuracy
- Accountable for generating and maintaining base level of business
- Develop and direct action plans, identify all sales processes, tools and presentations to improve effectiveness of team and business
- Develop and service new business within the fleet operation
- Lead, develop and direct sales and pricing to provide formal responses to Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Direct business development, building and securing accounts
- Direct negotiation, supply and demand of equipment in the market and geographical areas
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Develop and implement marketing strategies as needed
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Oversee the logistics of moving products from its point of origin to its destination using land carriers
- Oversee transportation fleet, third-party logistics
- 6+ years of experience in transportation and supply chain
- Certifications in DOT, Supply Chain Management etc.
- Management positions and logistics broker with an active book of business in Fresh Produce industry.
- Thorough understanding of refrigeration and supply chain management in the Fresh Produce industry
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies (Lean Six Sigma)
- Microsoft Office and industry specific software experience (Excel, Word, Famous)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred