We are a leading food company headquartered just outside of downtown Los Angeles looking for a Marketing Manager who is passionate about the category, knowledgeable about the industry and well versed in both marketing and sales to join our team.
The Marketing Manager will report to the VP of Marketing with a dotted line responsibility to the General Manager. This individual will play a key role in driving profitable revenue growth for the company and will be closely embedded with the sales organization to provide direction, support, materials and programs designed to win new accounts and expand business at existing accounts. The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative, pragmatic and resourceful, with a deep understanding of the trade and retail environments, and experience and expertise maximizing trade, shopper and other B2B marketing vehicles. In addition, this individual will also be responsible for supporting all of company’s B2C strategic marketing activities.
NOTE: This job description does not imply that the above functions are the only tasks that may be performed. Associates will be expected, if possible, to follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related tasks as directed by management.
- Support the company’s strategic marketing activities including, but not limited to: Social Media Strategy and Execution, Company/Brand Website Management, Packaging Creation, Internal and External, Newsletter Creation & Content Creation (Photoshoots).
- Manage creative resources (internal and/or external) to execute polished, professional, and compelling materials and assets on time and in budget.
- Support Sales efforts with timely insights, assets and programs including help responding to RFI/RFP’s, creating polished sales presentations and sell sheets, and analyzing Nielsen and ERP data.
- Meet face to face with marketing/buyers at our retail customers and present general company information in addition to leading the marketing discussion.
- Build the annual trade plan, write ad briefs and work with external graphic designer to develop trade ads while supporting trade publications with relevant editorial content.
- Manage and coordinate all company tradeshows.
- Develop a budget and plan to ensure flawless execution of all in-store shopper marketing programs including, but not limited to, point of sales material, displays, in-store and cross promotions, signage, sales incentive programs and demos.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communication, Marketing, Business, Economics or related field.
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience across sales, shopper marketing, channel/customer development with sound understanding of and passion for the fresh fruit category and high comfort with traditional and digital media.
- MUST be a highly organized self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to effectively prioritize demands and follow through on commitments (skilled project manager with ability to establish and meet timelines and budgets).
- MUST have a good eye for art direction and ability to write copy.
- Excellent collaboration skills –listens intently and forges strong partnerships with key stakeholders across functions.
- Skilled, clear communicator with strong written and oral presentation and interpersonal skills, comfortable synthesizing data and facts to make persuasive recommendations and presenting to senior management and customers.
- Results oriented with sound understanding of sales force needs, the retail landscape and shopper marketing.
- Knowledge of trade vehicles that effectively drive sales – and comfort negotiating the most efficient programs to deliver results profitably.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver. Able to synthesize and appropriately leverage insights gained from data and analysis.
- Good people manager who can build a strong team, influence across functions, and create a healthy working environment that inspires others to do their best work.
- High EQ.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects at once.
- Deep knowledge of syndicated data services (Nielsen and ERP Sales Reporting Systems) required.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite products/G-Suites or similar for documents, project management and spreadsheets.
- Expert PowerPoint/Presentation Skills.
- Photoshop/Editing Program Experience A Plus.