We are an importer and distributor or fresh fruit in North America. We have long standing supply relationships around the globe which enable us to provide premier products year-round. Our company is well-established with a collaborative culture that encourages growth and development of our team members.
Currently, we are searching for a strategically minded leader to join our team as Director of US Operations. In this highly visible role, the Director of U.S. Operations will report directly to the General Manager (US) and be responsible for all aspects of the company’s operations including management of product arrival, entry and clearance at all east coast gateways, incoming quality control processes, inventory management, storage and handling disciplines and procedures, collaboration with the sales team, operational liaison with all service providers, value-adding partners, maintaining relationship with customs brokers, shipping lines, and regulatory agencies.
A results-oriented and hands-on leader with exceptional interpersonal and management skills, and a proven commitment to efficiency, planning, and detail will thrive in this role.
- Advise the General Manager (USA) on all operational and strategic issues as they arise and provide strategic recommendations based on operational analysis and process control
- Manage staffing and operations at all east coast facilities including product receiving systems, inventory management and rotation, inventory security, customer dispatch
- Work with regulatory officials as required and represent the company before regulatory agencies on operational matters
- Negotiate with third party service providers
- Act as primary operational point of contact with service providers including shipping lines, warehouse operators, longshore service providers, value-adding service providers
- Oversee all operations at value-adding facilities to ensure proper staffing, efficient product usage, inventory management and record keeping
- Provide and maintain systems for ongoing monitoring of incoming cargo and providing information to sales team
- Meet and liaise with producers and exporters and their agents and representatives when visiting operations facilities
- Coordinate with the Director of Food Safety compliance with FSMA regulations at all facilities
- Coordinate with the Director of Food Safety to maintain traceability protocols and product recall procedures and update as required
- Identify opportunities to eliminate waste while improving operational efficiencies
- Provide the General Manager US with advice regarding operations at facilities in Texas and California to ensure they are operating efficiently
- Identify, develop, and implement best practices in safety and quality
- Build a dedicated and capable operations staff and evaluate individual performance, monitor productivity and efficiency, prepare assessment reports
- Foster a culture of teamwork through inclusion, responsiveness, accountability, transparency, objectivity, consistency, even-handedness, maturity and respect
- Facilitate a strong operating relationship with the sales team
- Instill a commitment of operational excellence in all areas of endeavor and among all staff and service providers commensurate with the company’s Values, Vision and Mission statements
- Must be proficient in written and oral communications, remain well versed in the company’s policy and procedures, and have the ability to identify and define process controls
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be efficient with time management as the scope of the position is broad and multifaceted
- Knowledgeable of supply cost chain including costs associated with receiving and value-adding services
- Able to work flexible and long hours when needed
- Work closely with management and sales to identify, develop, and implement required processes and protocols
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!