We are an importer and distributor or fresh fruit in North America. We have long standing supply relationships around the globe which enable us to provide premier products year-round. Our company is well-established with a collaborative culture that encourages growth and development of our team members.
As we continue to focus on further developing business with retail, wholesale and food service customers, we are searching for an exceptional leader for a Director of Sales role. In this impactful role, the Director of Sales will report to the General Manager, USA and will lead a team of up to five salespeople. This role will and will be focused on planning, managing and executing product sales and be responsible for the development of seasonal sales plans, direction and guidance of the sales team and customer development.
A results-oriented and hands-on leader with exceptional interpersonal and management skills, and a proven commitment to efficiency, planning, and detail will thrive in this role.
- Sell and service retail, wholesale, food service and process customers on all products on a regular basis
- Administer sales including order entry, follow-up, management of problem sales and rejections
- Lead one or more product categories
- Direct the US sales team
- Coordinate the development of seasonal sales programs for all customers on specific products
- Expand distribution of existing products by identifying and opening up business with new customers
- Successful completion of a university, college or junior college academic program
- At least five years of retail sales experience with a high level of retail contact
- Retail sales experience in citrus, table grapes, kiwi or avocados will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with Famous™, Foodlink and iTrade would be an asset
- A deep understanding of the US retail fresh produce sector
- Organized thinker and unrepentant planner
- Exceptional work ethic and positive attitud
- Energetic with excellent salesmanship skills, applied confidently and creatively
- A passion for sales development with a skill for identifying new opportunities
- Excellent analytical skills and communication skills with an ability to make cogent presentations
- Strong sense of accountability to resolve issues and to follow-up with customers and colleagues
- Honesty, integrity and respect in all transactions and interactions
- Creative thinker, bottom line oriented
- A team player able to work well with a competitive and driven sales team while not losing focus on the company’s mission, vision and values
- Must be able to work out of the Gloucester, NJ office and travel up as required
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!