Our client, an organic grower-packer-shipper-distributor on the west coast, is offering an excellent opportunity for an individual to step into a newly refreshed role for an experienced Organic/Conventional Sales Associate. This role is all about leading and mentoring a fantastic team and making it better while being successful in sales, managing and growing accounts in the retail and wholesale produce channels. The best candidate for the position will have a solid sales background and the ability empower a team to succeed above and beyond their expectations.
The focus of this position will be to actively manage and direct daily sales of organic and conventional produce programs. You will ensure that relationships are built and maintained with new and existing customers at the highest customer service level. It is also important that you work closely with the Sales Director and team as you collaborate on sales goals. In this role, you will need to be a focused individual that can work in a very busy but casual work environment. This role requires you to be a self-starter, be able to handle working with many sku's, not afraid to pick up the phone and call companies, are able to travel to have face time with your customers and be able to sell a full-line of products
The ideal person for this position will be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and likes to mentor. This person will have between 3-7 years of produce sales experience, preferably organic. Candidates with this skill-set and background are preferred, bringing a keen knowledge of markets, seasons, and the myriad changes that are always an opportunity in a sales environment.
Important personal attributes for this position include integrity, strong communication skills, honesty, and the type of person who is likable and personable while remaining professional and focused on company values and objectives.
If you’re ready for a new challenge, are self-directed and are motivated to make a difference, here is your opportunity to work with a top-notch company and a stellar team of produce professionals.
Excellent benefits, relocation reimbursement, and competitive salary are offered.
- This position will include helping manage and train our junior sales associates and administrative team.
- Daily Sales Management- Actively manage and direct daily sales of organic and conventional produce programs.
- Team Development- Work with the Sales & Marketing and Organics to direct and develop the Sales Team. Establish and monitor sales targets, margin goals, and growth of new and existing customers.Conduct quarterly reviews of key sales and sales administrative staff to improve performance and profitable sales growth.
- Fiscal Responsibility- Meet or Exceed the company's sales and margin targets.
- Business Development- Sell fresh produce by contacting Sr. Buyers and VP's of Purchasing at existing customers or third party brokers to gather information about their needs and product specifications while promoting the company's products to meet those needs. May also inform them of industry trends, new packaging methods and promotional opportunities. Will prepare proposals in response to formal RFP or prepare written proposals to identify needs with company products.
- Negotiate Profitable Sales Programs- Determine and optimize pricing for products being sold within company guidelines. Negotiate delivery terms and conditions within company guidelines while communicating sales and delivery information to company personnel.
- Lead Meetings- Prepare and lead sales meetings including weekly Sales Management meetings.
- Build State of the Industry CRM- Spearhead the development of Customer Relationship Management program for the company.
- Maximize Quality- Monitor the quality of the produce being delivered from growers and ensure constant quality guidelines. Develop programs to minimize dumps, donations and product shrink.
- A minimum of 4 years of direct sales experience.
- Direct relationships with senior produce buying executives of major US supermarkets.
- Experience managing, building and leading a team.
- Fluid knowledge of computer driven transaction systems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to cold call and reach out to potential customers.
- Ability to delegate.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!