We are a premier processor and distributor of high-quality fresh cut vegetables.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to lead our fresh cut facility in Ensenada, Baja, Mexico and manage full P&L responsibilities.
Candidate needs to have an entrepreneurial spirit along with exceptional communication and analytical skills. They will have direct control over the overall activities of the manufacturing facilities to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced, and shipped at the lowest possible cost to meet the customer’s requirements while maintaining corporate established quality standards. Ensure that appropriate standard operating procedures (SOPs) are developed and maintained for all aspects of the business, including facility cleanliness for food safety standards.
The successful will have/be:
- Five years management experience in a fresh produce processing operation
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, business, food science, engineering or related field, OR an additional four years of experience in a fresh produce processing environment
- Data-driven performance analysis and demonstrated ability to choose effective adjustments
- Have functional understanding of produce sourcing/procurement
- Demonstrated success in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and/or other disciplines focused on driving operational efficiencies, waste reduction, and habitual excellence
- Expertise in detailed planning, budgeting and reporting
- Experience setting up and certifying new plant up to PRIMUS GFS standards
- Substantial knowledge of processes and equipment used in fresh cut produce manufacturing
- Production scheduling experience
- Manage cost and manufacturing components such as package material, raw ingredients, fixed and variable labor, quality, efficiency, reliability, scrap, rework, energy, GMPs, safety, sanitation, and regulatory compliance
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Must have general knowledge of Mexican labor law.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and truly make a difference. Relocation expenses to Ensenada, Mexico may be available for the right candidate.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.