Are you ready to work with a high energy, dynamic and fun group of people? Can you keep many “plates spinning on the poles” at the same time, all the while keeping your customers and internal team calm, happy and focused? Are you someone who gets stuff done? Do you know marketing, understand the agency side of the business and have strategic “spidey sense” about your clients’ needs, wants and direction? Are you “Uber Organized” and a team player? If you have answered “yes” to all these questions, then you will want to speak to us about this opportunity in Monterey County. For the right person, with the right attitude, skill set and experience, this is a very cool job and opportunity! For the wrong person, it would be like juggling cats. (ouch!)
You’ll be working with a dynamic and energetic leader and team. Your ideas are heard and used. Your clients and projects are interesting, diverse and never ending. Amidst the work, we like to laugh, have fun and enjoy the creative nature of our business. So, if we still have your interest, then check out everything that this opportunity entails and what we’re seeking in the ideal candidate.
The DIRECTOR OF CLIENT SERVICE is a key liaison between client and agency for assigned client accounts. S/he is responsible for proactive and attentive client relationship management to profitably and efficiently manage jobs/programs and grow existing/assigned client accounts.
The director of client service also leads the account services department, supervising and mentoring account managers and coordinators. S/he collaborates continuously with senior management, as well as staff in the creative and administrative departments, freelancers, vendors and colleagues across the industries our client serves.
The director of client service leads the development of strategic marketing plans and creative campaigns for their clients. After plans/campaigns are approved by clients, the director of client service is responsible for implementation, always maintaining agency quality, profitability and service standards.
The director of client service has superior project management skills and is adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities. S/he is an effective and creative problem solver, exhibiting initiative and a take-charge attitude.
She/he is a conscientious team player and a good organizer. This person also demonstrates excellent verbal and written communications skills.
As a senior manager within the agency, the director of client service is responsible for gaining new business from existing/assigned clients, and may occasionally assist the president/CEO in preparing proposals for new client business.
Acts as the primary and/or backup contact for assigned clients, developing relationships with clients and working closely with them to learn their business and marketing/communication needs.
Maintains direct, proactive client contact and handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients. Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications, including calls, texts, emails and our client’s project management software.
Leads team in preparing client proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans, media and public relations plans.
Coordinates with president/CEO, account team and creative team to select and procure outside purchases and freelance services needed to complete projects, such as design, illustration, photography, web programming, printing, hosting, fonts, etc.
Prepares job estimates and proposals and presents to clients for approval. Coordinates approval process with clients and works with agency staff to open and kick off jobs.
Leads the development of creative strategies and content/copy as required for approved client projects.
Oversees execution of approved programs/jobs, including advertising, PR, online, events, and others as assigned. Coordinates job timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel, freelancers and vendors.
Provides designers, production, media, PR, web personnel and freelancers with well-documented input, support data and production details as required; ensures strategies are clearly defined, approved by clients, and understood by the agency team.
Leads preparation of client billing, directing account managers and bookkeeper. Reviews and approves billing detail prior to release to clients.
Has a thorough understanding of the planning, creative and production processes to effectively manage jobs. Provides timely issuance of all documentation: proposals, estimates, forms, creative briefs, timelines, meeting summaries, status and budget reports, etc.
Proofs and approves press releases, creative/production materials, copy, layouts, and production art, and coordinates client approval of same.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or communications; MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of agency experience or a similar role where you managed multiple clients, projects and personnel.
- 10+ years experience in brand marketing, including brand development and application at retail grocery and throughout the supply chain.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and grow business with clients based on solid professional added-value fundamentals.
- Proven ability to manage clients and projects profitably; solid understanding of P&L reporting and proven ability to obtain financial KPI goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in copywriting and editing.
- Expert project management skills and ability to teach same to junior staff members.
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
- Significant experience with B2B and B2C marketing communications strategies and tactics, including marketing planning, public relations, trade shows, sales tools, web and digital for the CPG and retail grocery sectors, packaging design, video production, logo design, etc.
- Familiarity with web design and content management systems.
- Relevant experience across leading social media platforms.
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimization and search engine marketing.
- A team player that can work autonomously, meet deadlines in a very fast-paced environment and focus on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Ability to learn new software and systems quickly; experience navigating within QuickBooks helpful.
- Experience and preference for working in a small, privately-owned company; ability to roll up your sleeves and do the work as well as manage the work of others.
- Must possess a valid CDL and passport, and have the ability to travel.