Our client has built their remarkable business by providing retailers with year-round supply of exceptional imported fruit. They have well-established grower relationships around the globe that allow them to offer some of the best product available. Their recognizable brand is continuing to grow in North America.
Due to this extraordinary growth, they are looking to add an experienced sales professional to their team in Vineland, New Jersey. In this role, the Account Manager will establish and grow retail, wholesale and foodservice customers and potentially manage a category in an environment where new ideas and fresh perspectives are welcome.
This is an exciting long-term career opportunity for a forward-thinking sales professional who truly has the ability to make an impact on the business. This leadership team supports and encourages professional development. You will be able to spread your wings and contribute to different areas of the business.
- Responsible for marketing product and developing relationships with existing and new customers in retail, wholesale and foodservice.
- Communicate regularly with customers to keep them informed of product availability, quality and price
- Utilize data for decision support, planning, forecasting and customer management
- Manage pricing and inventories ensuring the highest return to growers
- Negotiate pricing strategies that meet or exceed account budget and sales targets
- Work with category managers to implement plans of action based on current and projected market conditions for all commodities and import seasons.
- Review, manage and evaluate commodity category inventory status to ensure selling opportunities are maximized and proper inventories are maintained.
- Collaborate with others in the areas of category management, quality assurance and food safety and marketing
- Establish high levels of record keeping accuracy and follow established guidelines
- A minimum of 4 years of successful sales and account management, and/or category management experience.
- Knowledge of selling and marketing fresh produce and/or value-added produce products highly preferred
- Highly skilled in developing new business and maintaining customer accounts with attention to detail, a sense of urgency and professionalism
- Ability to keep abreast of market conditions, competitor’s products and pricing and make adjustments based on changing market conditions
- Talented in building quality relationships with integrity and courage
- Strong skills in networking, customer service and teamwork
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BA Degree preferred