We are an International company and a leader of premium-imported fruit, with a strong customer base all over the world. We are successfully expanding our brand and consumer penetration within the US and throughout the Americas. Our growth is driven by continuously improving our products, the consumer experience, and by building our supply. We are passionate about our product and about building consumer recognition and consumption. Our team is extremely collaborative. We have a lot of fun while working hard. We have big plans for growth and offer tons of room for advancement.
We are in search of an operations expert to fill a critical and highly influential role within our team in the Americas. As a member of the North American market management team, the Operations Manager will work closely with our highly strategic leadership team and manage a team of three direct reports. This is a hybrid role with responsibilities that span supply chain, production, quality, operations and technical aspects of the America’s supply.
This is really a special opportunity for someone with the “right tools in their toolbox.” Those tools need to include a combination of analytical skills, excellent communication skills, production and supply chain experience, and the personal presence to be “the expert” in various situations with customers and other stakeholders within the supply chain. This really is a vital position for our organization, optimizing fruit quality and inventory management.
Looking ahead, we will continue to build our presence in North America and globally. Our intention is to hire a team-player who will grow with us, and perhaps even outside this country. This truly is an exciting opportunity for the right person!
Supply planning and inventory management to support customers and minimize waste
- Partner with importers and retailers to achieve operational targets
- Respond to issues where delivery may adversely fall short of customer expectations
- Monitor storage and terminal facilities on a regular basis in order to oversee inventory in conjunction with our distribution partners
- Support third-party contractors and provide training and technical assistance as required
- Support customers directly and through company support to train and develop
Optimization of fruit quality
- Ensure high quality output including proactive management of fruit quality characteristics, ripening and fruit conditioning processes, in-market inventory control
- Coordinate and manage insurance claims (e.g. shipping) as required, including appointment of surveyor, producing reports etc.
- Manage fruit quality claims across the Americas
- Developing and maintaining professional, transparent relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, service providers, importers, suppliers and shipping operators
- Support Sales and Marketing related programs and activities, e.g. setting up in-store displays, coordinating sampling activities and fruit supply
- Educating retailers on company product handling
- Effectively manage and minimize any customer and claims processes, without compromising customer expectations regarding quality
- Respond to customer assurance such as organic certification requirements, Non-GMO certification, Global GAP, Food Safety and Fair-Trade certification
Strategic Projects and reporting
- Take a proactively critical approach to driving continuous improvement of supply chain design
- Manage strategic projects in markets as required; for example, conditioning program to meet customer expectations for Ready-to-Eat fruit.
- Proactively monitor and manage market access developments
- The ideal candidate will have both fresh produce and production experience.
- BA/BS degree and 5 to 8 years of experience at equivalent level in a market-led Fast-Moving Produce or Consumer Goods company and/or distribution group
- Wide-ranging understanding of market access and food safety issues involving fruit
- Advanced SAP/BW and spread-sheeting abilities
- Strong commercial and financial awareness; able to track trends and think in terms of added value
- Able to drive or respond to change, deal with ambiguity, and adapt to suit different circumstances, cultures etc.
- Extremely results-oriented: setting high standards for quality and quantity, delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Able to gain clear agreement and commitment from others (persuading and negotiating)
- Planning and organization skills, including performance monitoring against standards and milestones
- Able to analyze data to aid good judgment and decision-making
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus