A rapidly growing North American produce packaging solutions firm is seeking an experienced, bi-lingual seller to close numerous prospects in our Northeastern US/Eastern Canada territory.
The 25 year-old company was built on a solid foundation of produce packaging solutions and is rapidly expanding in both geography and product categories. Current customers range throughout North America (Mexico, Canada and the US) in a broad range of commodities. The company is backward integrated to plastic resins and manufactures retail-ready specialty packaging solutions to produce packagers.
Our current growth in opportunities exceeds our existing staffing and we seek a well-balanced seller to close identified prospects and hunt the region for additional opportunities. The ideal candidate will have packaging sales experience in the produce industry, exceptional communication skills as well as fluency in French and English.
This position will require travel, but will be home based in the Northeastern US.
- The Regional Sales Manager will directly lead commercial efforts selling specialty packaging consumables to commodity packagers including sales, marketing, pricing, and account management.
- They will manage sales and marketing efforts in the territory by developing strong customer relationships, maintaining an active prospect list and creating follow-up tasks based on customer calling efforts.
- The primary objective is to drive profitable growth at commodity packagers throughout the territory.
- Establish new business opportunities with potential customers through cold calling, provided leads, networking and referrals.
- Create a pipeline of qualified opportunities and develop strategies to move the opportunities through the sales cycle to closing.
- Work to establish add-on business to maximize product lines with existing customers.
- Provide accurate and timely price quotations to customers and prospects.
- Updating and maintaining CRM systems.
- Participate in annual budgeting process by providing territory sales forecasts and budgeted expenses.
- Participate in industry related associations and trade shows.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned.
- Demonstrated successful 5+ years of territory sales experience or account management. Preferably with an emphasis in packaging for a perishable supply chain, and/or grower/shipper sales experience.
- Fluency in French (Canadian French)
- A BA/BS Degree and strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel 30%-50%
- A valid US Driver’s License and Passport
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of SalesForce CRM software and the Sandler Sales Process.
- A work ethic that includes initiative, ability to work independently, sound judgement, diplomacy and discretion.
- Organizational and business skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent prospecting, collaborative, consultative, and innovative skills.
- Proven yourself as a tenacious sales person, excellent cold-calling, objection-handling and closing skills.
- Industry contacts with key decision makers at the packing level is highly desirable.
- Ability to manage a pipeline, be self-motivated and can work independently from a home office.
- Must be organized and display knowledge of strategic and consultative selling.
- Retail/Perishable/Packaging experience preferred.
- Able to meet sales goals and report on progress using Salesforce.
- Ability to multi-task and represent multiple subjects and products.