Due to our rapid expansion in the Americas, we are looking to add a Director of Marketing. In this highly visible role, the ideal candidate will report to the General Manager of the Americas with a dotted line to the head of Global Marketing based in Singapore. This person will be a member of the leadership team and will work with the Marketing Managers in the region to develop, maintain and implement strategic marketing campaigns for the region’s markets (i.e. North America, Mexico & CAM, South America), with the long-term objectives to grow the category and maintain differentiation of their brand to command a price premium.
Working closely with senior leadership, the Director of Marketing will ensure and facilitate a coordinated and globally communicated product positioning to meet the needs of each market and drive consumer demand aligned with company objectives. The purpose of this new position is ultimately to strengthen the brand preference in their category with consumers, and increase consumer brand engagement and loyalty across the region to help create long term value for growers. It will oversee the consumer programs and initiatives within the region, aligned with the company’s global marketing strategy.
Looking ahead, we will continue to build our presence in North America and globally. Our intention is to hire a team-player who will grow with us, and perhaps even outside this country. This truly is an exciting opportunity for the right person!
1. Lead and develop marketing competencies of the marketing managers based in the region.
- Support the in-market team to manage all aspects of marketing activity and support them to achieve their goals and objectives for each market.
- Ensure the team is working closely with each of the Market Managers in the development of marketing objectives and marketing plans.
- Oversee the marketing activity including: Agreement and approval of key objectives; development of Regional campaign creative as appropriate; approval of the marketing plans; assistance in agency; selection, briefing and monitoring; approval of initiatives and activities; research, monitoring and review of results – through sales results, market research, team discussions, customer feedback.
- Build and maintain robust, transparent relationships with key strategic partners, service providers, governmental departments and all internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the GM Marketing and Regional Manager Americas to embed the global marketing matrix structure.
2. Contribute to the global marketing strategy through the representation of the marketing strategy in Americas.
- Work closely with the other global Marketing team members to understand the company’s overriding strategic objectives and assist in the development of global marketing strategies and frameworks.
- Communicate local issues and opportunities to other business stakeholders to ensure local market perspectives can be considered in regional and global strategy development.
- Member of the Global Marketing Leadership Team (functional leadership).
- Ensure the regional team has representation into global marketing strategy development, and that they understand and implement the marketing programs in accordance with, and aligned to, the global marketing strategy.
- Work alongside other Regional Marketing Managers (Asia, MEIOA, Europe, SEA) and Global Marketing Managers to share key learnings, stimulate ideas and maximize synergies of joint cooperation.
3. Drive the development of marketing strategy for Americas, within the framework of the global strategy.
- Work closely with each in-market manager to manage the implementation of global and regional marketing objectives into each countries marketing plan.
- Evaluate and respond to consumer research, market conditions and competitor activities
4. Develop and implement the Marketing Plan for Americas.
- Manage the delivery of all marketing activity within the agreed budget, operating with flexibility and recognition that supply volumes can fluctuate with fruit crop variability.
- Work closely with the managers to respond to the changing trade, competitor, consumer and supply environment.
- Manage all aspects of marketing activities including brand promotion and media support, consumer promotions, channel management support and point of sale, public relations, plus other activities as agreed.
- Work with agencies and third-party suppliers to deliver the marketing plan in a timely and cost-effective basis.
- Report back on marketing activities and results to key internal and external stakeholders
- At least 10 years of Marketing experience, preferably in an FMCG environment
- Degree in Marketing strongly preferred
- Must possess a strong understanding of consumers and shoppers
- Highly experienced at creating and executing compelling consumer communication, particularly in digital marketing channels
- Extensive experience crafting winning brand strategies
- Experienced in multicultural customer and staff management, internal controls and project management
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to travel extensively both internationally and domestically
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!