For approximately 100 years, our company has been growing crops in many different commodities. In addition to crop production, we also provide premium services in storage and processing. At our farm we pride ourselves with our commitment to sustainability and the advancement of the agriculture through the implementation of food and human safety programs, technology and environmental stewardship. We are proud being a diversified, agricultural enterprise located in the Northwest.
We are looking for a strong, experienced Blueberry Farm Manager that will be based in the Northwest to develop and plan the execution of deliverables. Candidates should have a strong agricultural background, a deep understanding of agricultural management and the entrepreneurial spirit to make this farm a success.
- Meet and/or exceed Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s) as set by the company for plant growth, production targets and adherence to the budget.
- Execute on plans set forth by management for new planting and growing.
- Coordinate the operations including, but not limited to: crew management, facility and equipment maintenance, fertilizing, pruning, irrigation, spraying, ground maintenance, pest management and harvest.
- Ensure personnel actions including payroll, scheduling, training and providing necessary equipment to fulfill job responsibilities, is completed in an appropriate manner.
- Ensure that all local, state and federal laws are being followed, including but not limited to human safety, chemical usage and payroll laws.
- Communicate with consultant and recommend best practices.
- Responsible for excellent service, partnership with our company and management team.
- Interact and ensure and smooth transition from field to packing operations during harvest
- Responsible for reviewing/approving all administrative paperwork for the farm crews in regards to payroll, training's, evaluations, promotions and terminations.
- Follow, implement and enforce all human and food safety policies and practices with employees, including GlobalGap and HACCP, while meeting all internal company and customer quality standards.
Experience, Certifications, Training, and/or Education
5-10 years’ experience in a management role in a farming or agriculture environment with a focus in evolving growing techniques with a strong preference working in with blueberries
- Understanding of plant physiology
- Familiarity with organic growing techniques
- Leadership and decision-making skills
- Work and lead a team-oriented culture
- Annual budgeting process
- Working knowledge of GlobalGap and/or other Food Safety/Quality schemes
- Possess working knowledge of farm maintenance and irrigation techniques and system
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Basic working knowledge of computer and computer program operations, including e-mail and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Work both independently, and as part of a team
- Maintain current WSDA Pesticide Applicator License, First Aid/CPR Card
- Positively contribute to the company’s vision, strategies and quality programs by possessing a strong work ethic
- Use small hand and power tools safely in order to demonstrate correct techniques
- Should have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain the above-identified objectives, and assist others in their contributions
- Maintain current Washington State Driver’s License, with driving record that meets requirements of the company and Insurance provider
- Ability to sit, stand, walk for extended periods of time and access stairs, frequently in a farm environment and occasionally in an office or manufacturing environment
- Ability to bend and stoop frequently
- Ability to work long hours when needed up to seven (7) days a week during critical growing and harvesting times
- Work hours range from 40 to 85 hours weekly
- Vision requirements: ability to constantly use far and near vision, depth perception and/or color vision
Physical requirements of the job:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- May be exposed to loud machinery/equipment noise, frequent possibility for exposure to chemicals, odors, hot/cold temperatures and/or electrical current
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!