Are you looking to work with a great team of people?
Would you like to be part of an organization large enough to drive growth, through investment and innovation?
Are you interested in working with an engaged and involved leadership team that knows you by name?
Are you ready to use your hard-earned years of berry (including blueberry) farming experience to be part of developing the largest organic blueberry operation on the planet?
How about living in a great community, with a reasonable cost of living and beautiful surroundings?
If you have answered yes to these questions, then your someone we should be speaking with confidentially ASAP!
For over 100 years, this reputable grower/shipper has been successfully growing a variety of crops, as well as providing services in storage and processing. They’ve built their business on their commitment to sustainability and take pride in their growth through the implementation of technology and environmental stewardship. They are a diversified operation located in the Northwest.
Our client is looking for a strong, experienced, entrepreneurial Blueberry Farm Manager to be based in the Northwest.
To be successful, Candidates are required to have a strong agricultural background, INCLUDING BLUEBERRY GROWING, and proven experience of agricultural management.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of a large organic blueberry farm. You’ll have over 1000 acres, and depending on the time of year, personnel will range from 100 to 350 people.
- Coordinate the operations including, but not limited to: crew management, facility and equipment maintenance, fertilizing, pruning, irrigation, spraying, ground maintenance, pest management and harvest.
- Execute on plans set forth by management for new planting and growing.
- Communicate with team and recommend best practices.
- Interact and ensure a smooth transition from field to packing operations during harvest.
- Responsible for reviewing/approving all administrative paperwork for the farm crews in regards to payroll, training, evaluations, promotions and terminations.
- Meet and/or exceed company Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Ensure personnel/team needs are being met, including payroll, scheduling, training and necessary equipment is provided and in good working order, to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Ensure that all local, state and federal laws are being followed, including but not limited to human safety, chemical usage and payroll laws.
- Responsible for excellent service, partnership with our company and management team.
- Follow, implement and enforce all human and food safety practices with employees, including GlobalGap and HACCP, while meeting all company and customer standards.
Experience, Certifications, Training, and/or Education
- 5-10+ years’ experience in farm management, with large acreage and headcount.
- Experience in evolving growing techniques
- Blueberry farming experience
- Plant physiology
- Familiarity with organic growing techniques
- Leadership and decision-making skills
- Work and lead a team-oriented culture
- Annual budgeting process
- Working knowledge of GlobalGap and/or other Food Safety/Quality schemes
- Working knowledge of farm maintenance and irrigation techniques and system
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Basic working knowledge of computers, including e-mail and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Work both independently, and as part of a team.
- Learn, expand knowledge base, and accept change.
- Maintain current WSDA Pesticide Applicator License, First Aid/CPR card.
- Positively contribute to the company’s vision, strategies and quality programs.
- Use small hand and power tools safely in order to demonstrate correct techniques.
- Should have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain the above-identified objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
- Maintain current Washington State Driver’s License, with driving record that meets the requirements of the company and Insurance provider.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk for extended periods of time and access stairs, frequently in a farm environment and occasionally in an office or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to bend and stoop frequently.
- Ability to work long hours when needed up to seven (7) days a week during critical growing and harvesting times.
- Work hours range, seasonally, from 40 to 80 hours weekly.
Vision requirements: ability to constantly use far and near vision, depth perception and/or color vision.
Physical requirements of the job:
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- May be exposed to loud machinery/equipment noise, frequent possibility for exposure to chemicals, odors, hot/cold temperatures and/or electrical current
- Physical requirements of the job:
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!