If you’re looking for the opportunity to “make your mark” in the industry, then we want to talk to you! This is your opportunity to be a part of the decision-making process to drive the category with the support of a stable, dynamic, and growing company.
Joining this company is like being part of a family. Teamwork is a real part of the company culture during and after work hours. Being the right cultural match for the company is going to be key for this opportunity.
Our client is an A-rated importer of fresh fruits and vegetables, with an industry wide reputation for innovation and maintaining the highest standards of excellence in produce quality, packaging, service, and food safety. You will be working in conjunction with a team of account manager, and your sole focus will be on the avocado category and managing the supply chain from source to store.
We are looking for a proven avocado sales “guru” to work out of your home office or the headquarters and drive the sales for the category. With a great infrastructure in place the goal is to increase market share. A high level of communication is key for this to be a remote opportunity.
- Collaborate with Senior Management on developing annual goals and establishing a plan to meet and exceed these goals
- Implement plan of action based on current and projected market conditions of Avocados
- Strategically drive the category forward with both sales and category management
- Actively work with team members to lead customer sales initiatives
- Input, track and review sales orders and inventory levels
- Work collaboratively to ensure optimal customer service and support
- Maintain consistent communication with customers to keep them informed of product availability, quality, and price
- Create opportunities with existing and new customers
- Creatively target, retain, and grow current and prospective customers with current limited travel and trade show availability
- 6+ years of fresh avocado sales experience
- Deep knowledge of the avocado industry including products, packs, varieties, cost structure, the competitive market, and direction of the industry and market
- Expert understanding of the avocado market (players, tendencies, trends, seasonality, regions, etc.)
- Passionate about the produce industry
- Current retailer client base and the ability to develop new relationships
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Confident and perceptive to customer’s needs and possesses, strong customer service skills
- Proven work ethic, high integrity, and a great reputation in the produce industry
- Strong analytical skills, with the proven ability read markets, manage inventories, and make decisionbased facts/data and your feel for the market
- Self-starter, resourceful, strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure with attention to detail
- Commitment to setting goals and the accountability for their achievement
- BA degree in marketing, business, or related field, preferred
- Bilingual a plus
- Ability to travel 30% plus
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.