- Lead all quality assurance and food safety processes ensuring the highest standards of food quality, safe processes, compliance with all appropriate legal requirements and a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Manage finished product evaluation system and provide leadership to drive improvements in key customer/consumer Quality attributes.
- Train and coach personnel and maintain all relevant records on critical food safety and quality requirements.
- Provide guidance and leadership in situations where deviations have occurred or a potential risk has been identified.
- Maintain all registries as required by LGMA and GFSI.
- Reassess Food Safety plan(s) whenever there is a change to program, process, procedure, specification, equipment, industry philosophy, technology, etc.
- Manage coordination and cooperation with on-site audits performed by FDA, Silliker, or other regulatory agencies or approved inspectors.
- Monitor and implement a comprehensive HACCP program.
- Perform and monitor GMP plant inspections.
- Monitor and maintain procedures and documentation for product recall and tracking.
- Perform and monitor quality control testing for raw materials, packaging materials, and/or finished product quality at the plant level.
- Monitor quality audit program for the production facility to ensure company and regulatory standards of product quality, sanitation, and process controls are met.
- Lead training initiatives needed to meet standards of quality and process control.
- Responsible for Quality Systems Integration within the plant operation.
- Interact with and respond to customers regarding compliance issues, specifications, and quality issues.
- Bachelor Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or related discipline preferred.
- Increasingly responsible experience in QA/QC
- At least five years of work experience in production operations roles with 2+ years managing a team.
- Proven record of successful management of production scheduling, general knowledge of HACCP, GMP, Sanitation, and quality and food safety programs required.
- Related experience in a production/processing/environment preferably in fresh produce.
- Understanding of plant operations and packaging environment.
- Ability to provide training, coaching, and feedback for sustainable productivity and quality from the plant.
- LGMA guidelines knowledge a plus.
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish highly preferred.
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.