Our client is an innovative grower of fresh specialty vegetables in California's Salinas Valley and Yuma, Arizona. They have grown substantially over the past several years and pride temselves on maintaining a family-oriented culture where every employee is treated with respect, listened to and encouraged to give their best every day.
Due to their rapid growth, our client is searching for an experienced CFO to provide financial leadership and guidance to the company. The CFO will report directly to the President and will oversee the existing accounting team. This position will be located in Salinas, California and will require some travel as needed.
This is not a “fix it” or turnaround situation. The existing team is functioning well as they manage the day-to-day accounting responsibilities of the company. Instead, this is an exciting opportunity to partner with the owners of a great company providing strategic financial guidance and ideas using your proven expertise in financial planning and analysis, cash management, risk management, systems optimization, tax, treasury and more!
- Partner with the president by providing strategic recommendations based on financial analysis and projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Direct the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Implement a process for budgeting, forecasting, cash and asset management.
- Prepare annual, quarterly and monthly accounting reports, budgets and forecasts to understand and review performance against goals and objectives.
- Lead cash flow management activities including the investment of excess cash and repayment of debt, evaluation of insurance policies (including captives), and exploring tax planning strategies.
- Proactively monitor and research financial impacts; input costs, gross margin, and operating expenses.
- Deliver explanations and business solutions to help mitigate financial risks and provide information needed for making important business decisions.
- Ensure the maintenance of internal controls and compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Create pro-forma projections to determine the financial impact of various business strategies, scenarios and proposed investments.
- Maintain oversight of all legal contracts, statutory and tax obligations and liabilities.
- Assist with the development of new policies and procedures and provide input to continuously improve accounting processes and procedures.
- Lead, teach and develop the accounting team in a manner consistent with the company’s core values.
- A supportive leader and team player with 15+ years of experience in accounting and finance that ideally includes involvement in a manufacturing environment (produce/ag experience highly preferred).
- At least 10 years in a financial leadership role with successful experience as a CFO.
- Strong leadership ability focused on mentorship, collaboration and team development.
- A strategic visionary with the ability to navigate through complex financial situations to maximize results.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with hands on experience in both GL Accounting and FP&A.
- Expert knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation, set-up and maintain databases, and accurately perform complex financial analysis.
- Systems Savvy and experienced in Famous (or similar) with the ability to optimize the utilization of the system.
- CPA and/or MBA a plus.