Working for this premier grower-shipper in the Salinas Valley is a dream opportunity. This company only grows premium products. They have long-term employees who love their jobs. Everyone from the field level to the leadership team has an excitement about coming to work.
Our client has growing operations in Salinas, Yuma, and several other locations. They are strategically positioned to continue moving forward with an already profitable bottom line. They are always looking for long-term employees and people that are committed to their business. With a family-like culture, they need the VP of Human Resources to lead their efforts in consistently being an employer of choice.
The successful candidate will lead an exceptional group of HR professionals and have complete oversight of all aspects of l Human Resources functions and activities for approximately 3,000 seasonal and year-round employees in all of the locations. The VP will be a strategic member of the leadership team and be heavily involved in the direction of the company and reinforcing positive change. At the same time, they will work closely with the HR department to support the full life cycle of the employee by ensuring the recruiting, hiring, orientation, compensation and benefits, record keeping, and compliance.
You will be empowered in this role to bring everyone together for the greater good while understanding that the people make the company great! Our client offers competitive compensation as well as incredible benefits including a 401K match and full medical, dental, and vision.
- Partner with the senior leadership team to support and guide the company culture, programs, and policies consistent with our mission, vision, and values.
- Develop compensation plans, with the CEO, that foster productivity and compensation-based performance.
- Work with C-Suite on recruiting for significant roles.
- Take an active role in succession planning within the operations.
- Direct the practices and objectives that will nurture our employee-oriented, high-performance culture.
- Guide the high-functioning Human Resources, Safety, and Training teams with approximately 35 people consisting of 4 direct reports.
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with all departments that emphasize open dialogue, personal chemistry, and a team approach.
- Be a trusted force within the organization; work diligently to help employees grow and improve.
- Ensure company policies, operations, and reporting are implemented consistently and comply with the requirements of customers, government regulations, voluntary certification programs, and the company’s values.
- Implement policies designed to protect company and employee interests.
- Utilize internal and external sources to create an ongoing system to benchmark industry-wide standards for “best practices.”
- Conduct a continuing study of all HR policies, programs, and practices (employee turnover, workplace safety, etc.) to support direction and decision-making departmentally and with executive leadership.
- Build and foster productive relationships with relevant trade associations, regulatory agencies, NGOs, etc.
- Work closely with legal counsel to maintain company-wide compliances and balance.
- Manage or perform other related tasks or projects as directed by the leadership team.
- Address employee complaints, suggestions, and appeals through an “Open door policy.”
- Proven leadership with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree(or higher) with extensive experience in HR including payroll, benefits, personnel, investigations, training, and leadership.
- Professional certification, education, or experience related to HR
- Understanding of H2A labor and the employment relationship.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques for staffing, training, compensation, and benefits, employee relations, and HRIS systems.
- Preferred bilingual and with proficiency in writing both in English and Spanish.
- Advanced computer skills including proficient use of standard office software such as ● Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Passionate about leading a team.
- Ability to travel
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.