We are an agriculture company that provides farming solutions to our customers, creating value for farmers while maintaining a safe and professional program. We invest in cutting edge technology and are always exploring new ways to improve our processes.
We are looking for an upbeat, driven Human Resources leader, who will serve as a link between management and employees by fielding questions, interpreting to large groups, working on projects, and helping to resolve work related issues in a professional and timely manner.
The ideal candidate is a doer, someone who can juggle many tasks and gets things done. while leading a great team directing the routine functions of the Human Resources department. This versatile manager will be responsible for multiple locations while supporting approximately 2500+/- seasonal and full-time employees. company compliance, interviewing/hiring, administering pay, benefits while managing a team with many moving parts and functions.
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable organization that continues to expand year after year. A career-minded person will gain vision and knowledge which will allow you to learn and grow along with the company while helping others to flourish in their careers.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Keeps management updated on Covid-19 (Coronavirus) employee cases and status of each case, including communication with health and regulatory officials.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Plan, monitor, and appraise HR activities by scheduling management meetings with employees, hearing and resolving employee grievances, training managers to coach and discipline employees, and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Champion the onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for all employees and their role in relation to the overall vision.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Provides support and guidance to HR administrators, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Oversees the benefits programs (i.e. health, vision, dental, 401-K) to include claims resolution, change reporting and enrollment processing.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- Partners with the human resource director to understand and execute the company’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required, or at least 7-10 years of human resource management experience.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP desired.
- Bilingual and Biliterate- Proficiency in English and Spanish required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the company’s HRIS and other management systems.
TRAVEL: Travel required, about 30%, will need to visit multiple locations as needed.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Light to moderate lifting (up to 40 pounds).
- Reaching, stooping, pulling, pushing and manual dexterity.
- Operating a computer, calculator, copier and typewriter involves repetitive hand arm movement.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the company’s facilities.
- Must be able to handle multi-tasks and work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Must be able to deal politely with outside customers, vendors, regulators and other visitors.
Communication with other staff members involves making contact orally, via the telephone or in person
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.