Are you a logical person who makes decisions based on facts and numbers? Are you considered accountable, dependable and diligent in your everyday life?
Our company is a fast-growing, packer, shipper, processor whose growers produce a quality product for the retail and food service industry. We operate in multiple states, with an emphasis on clean, safe and great tasting produce. Our focus is to provide our customers with a year-round supply of the products that are grown. We own and operate several state-of-the-art processing facilities in California and Arizona and our team is experienced and dedicated to meeting our high-quality standards. If this sounds exciting, then we have a great opportunity for you!!
Our Salinas, California office is looking for an experienced Controller. The Controller will be responsible for all accounting and finance related responsibilities for this $100M+ company with multiple entities and 250 employees operating in California and Arizona. The experienced candidate will have proven experience improving processes and leading and motivating others. Must be a self-starter able to excel in a fast-paced environment while handling high volume transactions for multiple entities every week, understands grower accounting and has practice in analysis in manufacturing or factory variances.
Our company offers a complete benefits plan along with a competitive salary, we embrace our strong culture and recognize our employees for their hard work.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization regarding long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Present weekly financial information to leadership team.
- Evaluate departmental expenditures and make recommendations to improve processes and increase work efficiency.
- Communicate, engage and interact with the Corporate Controller and other leadership members.
- Primary organization contact for auditors and tax advisors.
- Manage financial planning and analysis process.
- Oversee the accounting team to ensure proper accounting in compliance with GAAP.
- Review and confirm application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state and federal tax returns.
- Oversee the month end close process; review procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Create and oversee preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
- Prepare monthly borrowing base calculation.
- Maintain standard cost within ERP system and present variance analysis.
- Develop and challenge accounting staff.
- Prolonged sitting and terminal use.
- Flexibility to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time as needed.
- May be required to occasionally lift to 30 lbs.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Work to be performed in varied environments: indoors in a climate-controlled environment, refrigerated cooler production facility with damp/wet conditions, shipping and receiving warehouse, and outdoors is varied weather as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years total accounting or finance experience leading a team responsible for general ledger, grower accounting, cost accounting, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Familiarity with Navision and Jet reporting a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence and executive presence.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to motivate staff and lead people.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a produce packaging manufacturing environment preparing standard cost calculations and analysis. Experience with routings a plus.
- Financial consolidation experience a plus.