We are the Salinas arm of a group of family-owned companies that includes thousands of people across California, Arizona, Colorado, and Mexico. Our team culture recognizes that our biggest asset is the people who work passionately to ensure our companies stay on track with our mission and future vision. We believe that a workstyle is equally as important as a lifestyle, and because of this, we highly prioritize philanthropy, health and social experiences for our team members. The Salinas division has grown rapidly, and we are hiring career-oriented people to expand our operations.
We have an immediate opening for a Head Grower to join our team. This key position will act as the second-in-command to the owner/manager for operations covering 11,000+ conventional and organic acres in the Salinas Valley. They will be responsible for the day-to-day management of their assigned growing area and for the other ranch groups.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in agriculture science, operations, business management, or related field is preferred.
- Continuing education in management, supervision, safety, or other job-related areas.
- Demonstrated leadership with a minimum of 5 years of experience in agricultural operations including hiring, training, developing, and mentoring direct reports.
- Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office, Excel, Word.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and be insurable.
- Excellent physical condition, particularly for extensive presence in fields.
- Personal attributes must include: o High integrity, strong work ethic, and ability to work long hours as necessary including weekends.
- Flexibility to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong communicator one-on-one and in group settings.
- Excellent time management skill.
This is a full-time, Salinas-based position, and includes a company sponsored health plan, 401k, and eligibility to participate in the annual bonus program.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.