“People make the difference.” Therein lies the #1 secret to our company’s success. With nearly 100 years of growing, selling and learning, our multi-generational family business is not so small anymore, but success and size has not changed our values and regard for our people. We are a top-label, year-round, grower-shipper of berries with exceptional grower relationships around the globe and top-quality farming across the U.S. (approximately 500 acres in California). If you want to be part of a growing, innovative business with a fun, energetic, family feel, then we could be the right place for you.
Are you considered an organized, self-starter and an analytical problem solver? Are you an expert in California employment laws, rules, regulations and best practices? Does that expertise come from a strong background in Agriculture? If your answer is Yes, Yes and YES, then you’re someone we should be speaking with!
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to oversee all HR related functions in our California location in support of approximately 850+/- seasonal and full-time employees. This person will be responsible for ensuring company compliance with CA state employment laws, rules, regulations and best practices while managing all employee and payroll related functions.
- Support Human Resources Director with all company related HR responsibilities as they relate to all Seasonal and Full-Time employees in California.
- Management, reporting, and documentation of all employee records including but not limited to employee registration, onboarding, offboarding and personnel file management.
- Benefit enrollment and administration including 401K enrollments, employee benefit plan enrollments, wellness credit tracking, assistance with ACA compliance and reporting.
- Manage and document all employee training (including safety) in compliance with all California State laws and best practices.
- Manage all payroll processes and related documentation including EDD, FTB, IRS, CA SDU, etc.
- Manage and document all Internal audits including I-9, workers compensation, 401K, CALOSHA, DOL, DLSE.
- Effectively engage with all FTE and seasonal employees regarding all HR policies and procedures and address employee concerns and questions.
- Other tasks associated with the position and as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 yrs. HR Management in an agriculture environment with seasonal and FTE employees.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR and payroll concepts specific to California Agriculture industry.
- Extremely organized individual with effective communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to produce under minimal supervision.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team.
- PHR-CA, SHRM California Employment Law Micro Credential is ideal.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Experience with Famous Software.