We are a vertically integrated family owned and operated company that produces a full line of fresh vegetables year-round with an in-house farming/harvest program and state-of-the-art processing plant.
We believe our most valuable resource is our team of people from the field, trucks, processing plant to the office.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Payroll Specialist to join our team in the Salinas, CA area.
Senior Payroll Specialist will be responsible for processing, reviewing, auditing, verifying accuracy and submitting payroll on weekly basis.
- Verify accuracy of weekly payroll timesheets, calculations, reports, and checks.
- Review, calculate, and process payroll for anywhere from 6-8 piece rate crews.
- Enter and process hourly and salary weekly payroll.
- Ensure withholdings and deductions are correctly deducted from employee checks.
- Organize and review forms associated with federal, state, and local authorities such as W-2’s.
- Organize and prepare paychecks for distribution.
- Complete and share payroll reports on a weekly basis.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Perform administrative duties as needed.
- Special projects and other duties may be assigned.
- B.A. degree in a related area, or a minimum of 5 years of payroll experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of “piece rate” experience.
- Advanced Excel Skills (formulas, macros, V-Look Up, etc.).
- Experience with California Wage orders 4, 8, 13 and 14 as well as Arizona payroll requirements.
- Excellent planning, organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Responsible, Reliable and team oriented.
- Bilingual and Bi-literate (English/Spanish).