We are a large and established, family-owned grower shipper, looking for a General Manager to lead our team in the southern San Joaquin Valley of California.
Our current General Manager is relocating after many years, which is indicative of our low-turnover team. We pride ourselves on our culture of working together as a team, being collaborative and taking care of our people.
Because this is a confidential posting, we have to be careful to not identify our company. With that being said, this is a great place to work and grow as a professional. We love what do and the people on our team. Our future is bright.
The successful candidate will work directly with all departments; Farming, Harvesting, Production, Packaging, Maintenance and Shipping.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the entire management team to accomplish department objectives in customer service and productivity.
- Ensure that all personnel and equipment are being used in the most efficient manner to minimize cost. Work with our Controller to provide reports and systems to provide timely production costs to management.
- Promote positive relationships with Grower-partners, Buyers and Vendors.
- Identify potential growth opportunities. Lead planning and implementation meetings.
- Must be experienced with food processing facility design, automation, optical sorting machinery, refrigeration, and warehousing and cold storage design.
- Oversee contract development and negotiations with growers, buyers and contractors.
- Routinely review accounts receivable. Contact customers that are delinquent.
- Participate in company financial and strategic board meetings.
- 10+ years management and leadership experience in the fresh produce industry.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Ag Business.
- Strong analytical/numbers skills and problem-solving capabilities.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning
- Operations oriented, with a strong background in process flow analysis and efficiency improvements.
- Must be experienced with food processing facility design, automation, optical sorting machinery, warehousing, refrigeration and cold storage design
- Strong organizational, verbal and written skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- English and Spanish preferred.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.