We have been in operation since 1985 as a grower, shipper, and distributor of fresh fruits and vegetables. Each sales location is staffed with seasoned professionals who understand the importance of timely communication and aggressive sales strategies. We have sales offices throughout the United States.
We have an immediate opening for a Sales Assistant to join our team in our southern CT headquarters. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing nationwide produce company.
The sales assistant will provide daily support to the sales staff through a respectful, productive and energetic style, as guided by company objectives.
- Serves as Sales Assistant for Sales Department
- Back-up and assist customer service, outside purchases, transportation and transfers
- Coordinate projects, reports and communication
- Follow up on delinquent invoices; answer phones, enter orders, fax & e-mail
- Other duties as assigned
The qualified candidate will be an effective advocate and, at all times, maintain a professional image that supports our values, image and goals. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
- Proficient knowledge of computers & software as utilized in the sales environment; Microsoft suite of applications such as, Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Competency with “Famous” software a plus.
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, receivers, and employees at all levels.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communicating skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and work experience acceptable.