Well-established and growing national tropical produce distributor is looking for a Transportation Manager.
This individual will be responsible for developing and managing our domestic logistics program, negotiate freight rates, build strong relationship with local and regional carriers, create and maintain daily schedule of pick-ups and/or deliveries to customers and vendors in the most efficient manner, manage transportation claims, returns, re-deliveries, daily data entry of charges into our ERP system and audit freight invoices.
- Identifies and secures relashionships with transportation companies to serve the transportation needs of the company.
- Negotiates best rates for LTL and FTL.
- Ensures 98% and above on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Secures 3rd party storage facilities on strategic points to handle returns and Re-Deliveries.
Scheduling & Dispatch
- Secures daily transportation requirements as per vendors and customers requirements ensuring 100% of the cargo leaves and arrives on time.
- Coordinates pickup and delivery schedules with Sales, Procurement and Operations departments, maximizing efficiency and minimizing overtime.
- Keeps track of all outbound shipments and make sure deliveries are made on time. Monitor and communicate exceptions.
- Proactive monitoring of all cargo. Reacts to changes and executes accordingly ensuring on time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains updated carrier database, provides solutions to Sales and Procurement short and long term strategies.
Charges and Invoices
- Inputs negotiated rate charges on orders (outbound) or PO (inbound).
- Audits each carrier invoice before processing for payment, make sure they match.
- Handle any carrier claim or re-delivery charges
- Report Pallet log, coordinate pickup.
- Maintain Rate Sheet updated weekly.
- Maintain the Tracking Spreadsheet daily.
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Act as liaison between company and Third party freight companies, customers and vendors.
- Maintain communication between transportation and all other departments related to delays, problems, carriers mishaps or any other issues with local pick ups.
Trucks & Rates
- Locate trucks to cover outgoing orders.
- Negotiate & acquire rates for outgoing orders on a weekly basis.
- 3 Year plus in the perishable’s transportation field, dispatcher position experience and/or training.
- Experience in produce transportation strongly preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Computer skills, i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc., ability to utilize or learn software or technical applications and systems at an intermediate level. ERP/WMS proficient.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Energetic and excited about our core values, mission and vision.
- Ability to problem solve, organized and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently within a fast-paced environment.