We are a full line broker/shipper with nine offices across the country. We source and distribute a full range of the highest quality fruits and vegetables.
We are currently searching for a permanent, full time Fresh Produce Inspector to join our team in McAllen, TX.
This position is responsible for monitoring the quality of perishable products by traveling to various farming operations and performing other related duties as required. Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment in performing duties directly related to the general operation of produce quality control.
- Check produce to make certain product is up to acceptable standards
- Communicate with buyers all quality issues and assists them in resolving them to ensure the customer receives the highest quality products possible
- Monitor variance reports for accurate accounting of spoilage, warehouse damage, truck damage, etc
- Communicate regularly with necessary parties on the company’s status on product quality
- Analyze, identify, and propose action to the solution of problems associated with Quality Assurance
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and sanitation policies
- 1 to 3 years of experience dealing directly with fresh produce. Must include experience with Berries, Tropical and/or Melons
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Willingness to work full time with some weekend and night hours
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of an organization
- Must have exemplary listening skills to facilitate effective two- way communication
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Knowledge of USDA grading system a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent