We are a well-established grower and marketer of great tasting fresh produce. We have successfully built our brand and continue to develop our business by offering consistent high-quality products and aggressively investing resources in innovation. We are growing rapidly, including within the berry category.
As we launch our berry brand in North America, we are in search of a berry expert as our Commodity Director who will manage the profitability and margin of the berry category, oversee all activities related to the procurement of the commodity, from intent to purchase through delivery of commodity. The Director will build and supervise a commodity team and ensure that highest quality standards are maintained throughout the department.
The Commodity Director will act somewhat like an Air Traffic Controller, collaborating with Sales, Marketing and Procurement to align supply and demand such that market value is optimized, costs are minimized, and customer and consumer experience is consistently fabulous. This person will manage the business planning process, establish period plan targets, coordinate execution cross-functionally, and quantify performance results. As the leader of the (Berry) Execution Team, the Commodity Director is responsible for identifying performance gaps, and leading corrective actions as necessary.
This is a rare opportunity to put your expert knowledge and experience of berries to work pioneering a role with a new brand that has the backing and reputation of one of the industry’s most successful companies. We truly value our employees and encourage them to be innovative. We provide careers to people who approach their profession with passion and consistently deliver exceptional results. We offer competitive compensation, career development and a family-oriented work environment.
- Serve as an expert in the berry business, requiring in-depth expertise related to Enterprise profitability, customer, supply, and operational strategy
- Validate long-term outlook on both supply and sales forecasts
- Communicate with procurement on grower quality
- Provide costing and pricing guidance to sales
- Approve ads for sales, volumes and pricing
- Set objectives/metrics for team
- Actively works with Sales & Marketing on SKU utilization.
- Decide on outside purchases of when and how much to purchase
- Advise on product allocations
- Manage product inventory throughout the network
- The Director will build and supervise a commodity team and ensure that highest quality standards are maintained throughout the department
- A berry expert with at least 5 years of experience of commodity management experience in the category
- An entrepreneurial-minded professional with the flexibility and adaptability to produce results in the absence of established processes
- A proven leader with the ability to hire, train and develop teams
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact effectively at all levels and within different cultures
- Well versed in the sales and marketing of fresh produce to the North American market
- Knowledgeable about best practices with handling of perishable products (berries)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Technically savvy experience in Microsoft Office and experienced with ERP systems
- Fluent in English, Spanish an asset