We are an innovative grower of fresh vegetables. Our company has grown substantially over the past several years. We pride ourselves on maintaining a family-oriented culture where every employee is treated with respect, listened to and encouraged to give their best every day.
Due to our rapid growth, we are searching for a forward-thinking Director of Sales & Service to drive returns for our organization and get us to the next level. This is a new position, designed to help make us be better communicators, planners, managers and overall partners. We know that as we continue doing a great job, the growth opportunities will follow. This is not your typical produce sales job. In this role you will be working with many shippers throughout the Salinas Valley. The shippers are your customers. The “desired results” of your job is to have happy customers, who work with us in a collaborative manner, as growing partners.
The Director of Sales & Service will report directly to the President and will oversee the existing sales and service team. This position will be located in Salinas, California and will require some travel as needed. This is an excellent time to join our team and work with some of the best customers, and people, in the industry. We offer competitive compensation and a positive work environment where ideas, innovation and creativity are encouraged and strong performers have the ability to advance and grow in their careers.
- Champion customer service, communication, collaboration and happiness.
- Serve as a manager and key influencer in fostering teamwork, collaboration, customer service and communication.
- Manage, mentor and develop the sales and customer service team.
- Lead the development of new sales and opportunities to grow the company’s business with current and new customers.
- Optimize communications and collaboration between sales and all other departments.
- Refine and/or develop company systems and protocols, with the objective to be partners with our customers.
- Conduct and lead regular purposeful and agenda driven sales meetings.
- Proactively achieve sales and profit goals by evaluating and responding to the changing needs of customers.
- As a member of the senior leadership team, help to create and attain budgeted sales and profit goals for the company.
- 7+ or more years of experience in Fresh Veg Produce sales and product management.
- Self-motivated team player with demonstrated success in managing customers, building sales with a strong service background.
- Strong presentation, communications and organizational skills. Works well with people, approachable and follow through habits at the highest level.
- Ability to learn our system, computer skills knowledge to do special pricing or input special orders, as needed.
- Ability to develop a matrix for planning, create efficiencies and analyz returns.
- Experience with business to business interactions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and capable of making “cold” calls, as needed.
- The proven ability to collaborate and listen to customers’, understand pain-points, and help them with solutions.