It’s not often that one has the opportunity to join one of the top sales forces, within one of the decade’s largest and still fastest growing categories in all of produce. Here is one of those rare occasions!
Our client is one of North America’s leading avocado shippers. They are pioneers in this explosive category and attribute their incredible success to consistently delivering the best value and service to their customers. To accomplish this, they invest in their team members and overall growth of the company. Their long-standing grower relationships, coupled with best-in-class supply chain logistics and strategically located ripening distribution centers, allows them to service the top customers across North America. Growth and success create opportunities, and that is the case here.
Our client plans to add an exceptional sales professional to their team. This individual will play a key role in developing business with new customers while growing existing accounts. They are looking for a sales leader in the fresh produce industry with a strong desire to maximize sales and profit with their top tier customer base. This person will be extremely passionate about the fresh produce industry and have a deep understanding of the U.S. retail sector. We are looking for a team player who will collaborate with the leadership team and peers on sales tactics and strategies. They will become an expert in all aspects of the avocado category and leverage their expertise and sales acumen to drive sales volume growth and profitability.
This is your opportunity to jump into the fast paced and exciting avocado business with an outstanding company where your hard work will be rewarded through professional development, competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- New customer development and growth of assigned retail customer base
- Organized and effective prospecting that leads to successful development, onboarding, and growth of new retailers in the U.S. and Canada
- Manage customer price and volume quotes within the outlined parameters, including daily market quotes, short term advance quotes, Ad and Lid quotes, and contract program quotes
- Perform customer demand forecasting by completing a rolling 5-week advance forecast with a weekly purchase frequency
- Review forecast accuracy report to improve performance and meets/exceeds expectations of management
- Participate in monitoring aging product inventory and proactively selling aging and distressed products from all distribution center locations
- Create effective methods of customer sales and relationship growth in the COVID-19 era of limited
- Prepare and executes quarterly and annual business reviews
- Consistently works towards the successful completion of annual bonus goal and development goal objectives
- Collaborate with marketing team and sales analyst for customer presentations, business reviews, and joint-marketing promotions
- Minimum of 5-7 years of fresh produce sales with experience selling and managing national retailers
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, economics, or related field
- A proven track record of growth with current customer base and successful new customer development and retention
- A strong passion for the fresh produce industry, produce sales, market share growth, and company profitability
- A strong desire to win and beat the competition
- A commitment to providing excellent customer service
- A strong sense of responsibility to act with integrity, lead by example, and promote the company in a positive and professional manner
- Competency with LinkedIn and Instagram for customer networking, relationship management and promotion of company to targeted audience
- Bilingual Spanish and English preferred but not required
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.