Do you have a passion for growing, building relationships and the drive to lead a premier grower of blueberries from the ground up?
Our client is a diversified, agricultural enterprise located in the Pacific Northwest. The company has been in business for over 90 years, is well established and fast growing. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager from all commodities. This person will lead a team and the further development of a world-class farming operation. They will be responsible for the 350+ acres already in production with an additional 500 currently being planted and another 500 to 1,000 acres after that!
The Director of Blueberry Operations will lead and develop a team of managers and approximately 100 year-round workers. The role will require great executional excellence in all aspects of production, from seed to harvest, and all points in between. We are looking for an upbeat, strong communicator who can train and mentor their employees while taking the necessary actions in implementing, GAP, Food Safety and HACCP.
This person must be an experienced pro in growing operations, someone who has a successful track record of team building/development, planning, execution of deliverables and making things happen. The position requires a person who likes to bring people together, embracing the culture while being inspired about the vision of the company.
Are you curious yet? Our client is looking for the right person to take this opportunity and run with it. So if you are entrepreneurially spirited, like to build and grow operations, and have the passion and drive…. then we need to talk to you!
- Direct operations including, but not limited to: crew management, facility and equipment maintenance, fertilizing, pruning, irrigation, spraying, ground maintenance, pest management and harvest.
- Execute on plans set forth by management in order to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Identify and implement advanced growing techniques, equipment and process improvements, changes and/or replacements to improve safety, quality or efficiencies.
- Ensure the management of personnel actions including payroll, scheduling, training and providing necessary equipment to fulfill job responsibilities, is completed in an appropriate manner.
- Follow, implement and enforce all human and food safety policies and practices with employees, including GlobalGap and HACCP, while meeting all internal and customer quality standards.
- 10-15 years of experience in a management role while in a farming or agriculture environment with a focus in evolving growing techniques with a strong preference working in with blueberries
- A hands on leader who will roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done while demonstrating the opportunity to lead, grow, and develop a growing operation.
- Advanced horticultural skills and ability to learn new horticultural/agricultural techniques
- Above average understanding of plant physiology
- Familiarity with organic growing techniques
- Annual budgeting process
- Working knowledge of GlobalGap and/or other Food Safety/Quality scheme
- Possess working knowledge of farm maintenance, irrigation techniques and systems
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Basic working knowledge of computer and computer program operations, including e-mail and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must maintain current WSDA Pesticide Applicator License, First Aid/CPR Card
- Experience using small hand and power tools safely in order to demonstrate correct techniques
- Maintain a clean driving record
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed