For approximately 100 years, our company has been growing crops in many different commodities. In addition to crop production, we also provide premium services in storage and processing. At our farm we pride ourselves with our commitment to sustainability and the advancement of the agriculture through the implementation of food and human safety programs,technology, and environmental stewardship. We are proud of being a diversified, agricultural enterprise located in the Northwest.
We are looking for a strong, experienced Hops Division Manager that will be based in the Northwest to develop and plan the execution of our program. Candidates should have a strong agricultural background, a deep understanding of agricultural management and the entrepreneurial spirit to make this farm a success.
- Execute on plans set forth by management in order to meet Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s).
- Identify and implement advanced growing techniques, equipment and process improvements, changes and/or replacements to improve safety, quality or efficiencies.
- Direct the coordination of operations including, but not limited to: crew management, facility and equipment maintenance, fertilizing, roguing, irrigation, spraying, ground maintenance, pest management and harvest.
- Ensure the management of personnel actions including payroll, scheduling, training and providing necessary equipment to fulfill job responsibilities, is completed in an appropriate manner.
- Follow, implement and enforce all human and food safety policies and practices with employees, including GlobalGap and HACCP, while meeting all internal company and customer quality standards.
- 7-10 years experience in a management role in a farming or agriculture environment
Advanced horticultural skills and ability to learn new horticultural/agricultural techniques
Above average understanding of plant physiology
Familiarity with organic growing techniques