Family-owned company in Watsonville, CA has an opening for a Payroll Coordinator.
You would be responsible for calculating payable hours, taxes, and deductions to ensure data is up to date and accurate. If there are any discrepancies, you would investigate them and work quickly resolve any errors or confusion.
- Process weekly payroll by accurately entering employee information and payroll data into various systems and applications
- Communicate Payroll and attendance expectations to managers by collaborating with the HR department to ensure State and Federal compliance
- Issue and deliver paychecks and paystubs within required timelines to employees to ensure the company is staying complaint with all payroll laws
In addition to your primary responsibilities, you would assist the Payroll department with:
- Answering payroll related questions and concerns to ensure employees understand various pay practices
- Updating and maintaining interdepartmental resources and data to ensure efficiency and security within the department
- Complete projects as assigned by the Payroll Manager
- 1+ years’ experience in agricultural payroll
- Ability to maintain confidentiality while handling sensitive information
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Advanced skills with Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and in a timely manner
- Preferred: Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Hourly position based on experience
- Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Company 401k plan
- Paid vacation and sick time off
Join a team with loyalty and longevity, and an organization that promotes personal and professional growth.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.