Our Global Organization has an Accounting Manager located in each business unit within our organization. This position has dual reporting responsibilities to the Managers and Leaders of our organization as well as the General Office. The Accounting Manager is directly responsible for Accounting & Finance Reporting, accounts payable, inventory control and maintaining company accounting processes within the business unit and some basic on-site human resources to the Plant/Farm Employees.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Initiate and gain approval of all new Purchase Orders.
- Manage capital project spending and tracking.
- Daily monitoring of stack Inventory Reporting including ticket entries for movement of product inbound, outbound and storage.
- Timely entry of all vendor accounts payable and accurate general ledger coding.
- Prepare and batch weekly vendor check run for final check processing.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with employees and suppliers.
- Ensure compliance and adherence with GAAP and other internal policies and procedures, as well as the completeness and accuracy of all general ledger accounts.
- Business Unit level HR responsibilities to escalate/forward all serious matters to primary HR at the Corporate Headquarters, including completion of new hire documents, review and obtain approval of time-cards on a weekly basis. Main point of contact for employees at the Business Unit level for complaints, injuries or any other HR related incidents, including worker’s compensation reporting and safety requirements.
- Prepare or review statutory filings to local, state and federal agencies timely and accurately.
Month End duties
- Key participant in rapid and rigorous close and reporting cycle.
- Oversee accuracy of general ledger information.
- Prepare monthly journal entries, account reconciliation and research as required.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly financial reporting.
- Responsible for preparing the month-end Balance Sheet and Spending for the Business Unit.
- Review or complete general ledger and bank reconciliations.
- Maintain, reconcile and report on capital project spending and its variance to budget.
- Maintain, reconcile and report on fixed assets and equipment changes.
- BA/BS in Accounting/Finance required
- 5-7 years accounting experience required
- Experience in grower or farm accounting desired
- Superior demonstrated PC skills, Excel in particular, required
- JD Edwards, Sage or other ERP experience required
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred but not required
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills required
- Excellent organization skills, multi-tasking and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Clearly partners and works effectively across functional areas
The best candidate for this position will have a strong passion for agribusiness and the way of life it brings. Our organization has a long and proud history of bringing the American farming tradition to the world.