We are an established company operating in Yuma, AZ. and Salinas, CA. We provide agricultural labor needs and custom harvesting for our customers, creating value for farmers while maintaining a safe and professional program. We service every major food level, providing operational support functions to our customers. Our staff is incredibly dedicated, and we are looking to build onto that team.
Are you considered an organized, self-starter and an analytical problem solver? Are you an expert in California employment laws, rules, regulations, and best practices? Does that expertise come from a strong background in Agriculture? If your answer is Yes, Yes and YES, then you are someone we should be speaking with!
We are looking for a Bi-lingual/Bi-literate Human Resource professional that is passionate about supporting and training managers and employees. Someone who has vision and can be creative while taking the lead in fluid environments. This person will be responsible for ensuring company compliance with CA, AZ state employment laws, rules, regulations, and best practices while managing all employee related functions. If you are a multi- tasker with a strong skillset in leading people, then this is the role for you.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Collaborate with Management to recruit, train, develop, evaluate, and reward team members in managerial, exempt,
- temporary and professional roles.
- Review and develop training and tools (mandatory and non-mandatory) to ensure compliance and best practices to
- continuously support the professional growth of our Company’s employees, including supervisory training.
- Maintain knowledge and compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations; review policies and
- practices and provide recommendations accordingly.
- Manage HR activities required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to
- recruitment, onboarding, benefits, talent management, compensation and performance management, training
- development, employee relations and recognition, disciplinary matters, investigations, leave compliance, injury prevention and workers compensation, and record retention and requests.
- Provide guidance regarding authorized and entitlement leaves and workplace accommodations.
- Provide clarity and mentorship to team members regarding their role and purpose in relation to the Human Resources Department
- goals in support of the Company’s vision.
- Recommend and create standard operating procedures to cross train, create efficiencies, ensure compliance, and checks and balances in HR functions.
- Ensure that documents are accurately and timely provided to employees, including but not limited to recruitment,
- onboarding, training, leave, layoff, and separation of employment.
- Ensure that labor law posters and notices are accurately and timely posted as applicable.
- Utilize the Human Resources Management System (HRMS) functionality and provide recommendations to ensure the
- HRMS works to our advantage.
- Monitor and recommend best practices and trends in HR functions.
- Prepare employee memorandums, separation notices and other documentation.
- Facilitate employee disciplinary meetings, investigations, and separations of employment; may conduct exit interviews.
- Conduct new hire orientation for administrative personnel.
- Manage employee recognition programs.
- Partner with the Human Resource Director to execute the Company’s human resources strategies.
- Ability to travel to other Company locations as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of Environmental Health and Safety and H-2A Program, preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP desired.
- Bi-lingual/Bi-literate English/Spanish
- Valid California driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with H2A Visa Program is a plus
- Current drivers license
- Travel approximately 30% to other locations
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
At least 5 years of human resource management experience in agriculture preferred, that would provide the level of knowledge and ability required for the position
This Job has a $1,000 Referral Reward!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.