Do you love the outdoors? Have you ever thought how an apple or peach makes it to your fruit basket? If so, this job might be for you. Crown Orchard is seeking someone with top notch leadership skills to manage the company’s diverse orchard activities. Hop (no bunny skills required) on the farm truck, and begin your day, in our beautiful orchards.
Crown Orchard has been around for over 100 years. We strongly believe that our employees, are family. We would not be where we are today, without them. We aim for each employee to reach their full potential. To do this you need guidance, and what better way than working closely with the orchard owners, every day!
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You do not get flustered easily. If you do not know an answer, you ask, and will keep going till you get it.
- You like guiding people with different personalities. You are patient, level-headed, and cool as a cucumber. You are a leader and must always rise to the occasion.
- You are set on the mission and remain focused. Although mistakes are inevitable, you learn from them and move on.
- You can think on your feet and learn quickly. Nothing is ever the same in the agriculture world, so you should know how to roll with the punches and adapt to the situations.
Awesome qualities to have:
- 5+ years of farm experience
- Preferred but not needed, knowledge of tree fruit production practices
- Proficiency in English and Spanish
- Worked with H2A workers
- Great time management
- Ability to multi-task
- Because it is Virginia, there is a vast range of weather conditions, a day might be hot or cold (mother nature has no say in the matter)
- Use super strength to lift up to 50 lbs.
- For an extra work out, be able to stand, sit, kneel, stretch and squat for long periods of time
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.