Founded in 1994, Crystal Valley Foods is a leading grower and importer of top-quality produce from Central and South America as well as North America. With offices and facilities in Miami and Los Angeles, the company is one of the largest importers and distributors of asparagus in the USA. Its extensive product line also includes baby vegetables, berries, peppers, French beans, sugar snap peas, snow peas, tropicals, Asian vegetables, and other specialty crops. Custom sizing and private label for foodservice and retail outlets available.
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Production Manager at our facility in Miami, FL.
The Production Manager will lead people, optimize machinery, and improve processes to deliver value-added product, while lowering cost and increasing quality. The role will conduct detailed planning, and collaborate daily with the warehouse, procurement, quality, food safety and facilities departments. This position will also drive improvement projects that support the growth of the business.
- Ability to build and maintain a team, will lead from 25-50 operators
- Ability to plan and organize the optimization of existing automated lines, and the start-up of new production automation lines
- Strong knowledge of business management principles- budgeting, planning, resource allocation, human resources, and cost accounting
- Strong knowledge of safety, quality, productivity, inventory, and yield, to include the measuring, reporting and goal setting for the department
- Strong MS XL and MS Outlook skills
- Knowledge of packaging material, and reducing packaging material waste, especially plastic
- Production Leadership role (supervisor or higher) minimum of 4 years
- Prepare production schedules and coordinate activities to ensure the on-time production will meet customer specifications, correct quantities, and quality standards
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results, especially processing costs and product quality
- Develop routines that track productivity, yields, waste, and quality, while setting performance targets for the department
- Communicate and resolve all quality and production issues with appropriate team members, to include collaboration with internal departments that support production
- Communicate with packaging material suppliers and equipment manufacturers to increase efficiencies and reduce waste
- Promote department-wide culture of teamwork and transparency
- Ensure compliance with all safety policies, practices, and procedures