Founded in 1994, Crystal Valley Foods is a leading grower and importer of top-quality produce from Central and South America as well as North America. With offices and facilities in Miami and Los Angeles, the company is one of the largest importers and distributors of asparagus in the USA. Its extensive product line also includes baby vegetables, berries, peppers, French beans, sugar snap peas, snow peas, tropicals, Asian vegetables, and other specialty crops. Custom sizing and private label for foodservice and retail outlets available.
At Crystal Valley we believe that our employees are the foundation of our success. From the beginning Crystal Valley has been a company where people could thrive and where they would have the opportunity to grow professionally. It is because of the loyal, hardworking, and passionate employees that we have been able to accomplish what we have over the years. Crystal Valley is a place where people can feel happy coming to work every day and feel like they are contributing to the “bigger picture”. We are open minded and focus on relationships and people and we hope that with this mindset, people will in turn feel comfortable knowing that everyone plays an important part in our growth and goals.
We are now seeking an Operations Manager to join our team in Miami, Florida.
We are looking for someone experienced in fresh food industry operations. This professional will direct and oversee the receiving, order selection, loading, shipping, quality control, inventory control and building maintenance activities in a fast-moving environment. The candidate will need to have a very good, holistic understanding of warehouse operations and be able to see to the day to day activities as well as plan for future growth, all with cost control in mind. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated leader (able to manage 60 employees), have a passion for the business and be able to think outside of the box.
Ultimately, the candidate should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved, and shipment errors are eliminated. 99.9% inventory accuracy by lot on a perpetual basis.
Day to Day:
- Oversee receiving, storage, rotation, order selection, shipping, inventory, dry storage material and building maintenance operations
- Adhere to all warehousing, handling, and shipping legislation (FDA) requirements
- Manage stock control and reconcile with WMS bar coded data storage system
- Plan workday schedule and shifts, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
- Supervise packing material inventory control and stock levels
- Facility maintenance, to include preventative maintenance, sanitation, and cooling
- Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
- Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
- Prepare annual budget
- Manage operating expenses
- Plan and setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
- Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies as needed
- Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees
- Produce reports and statistics regularly (daily and weekly productivity, inventory accuracy, quality of workmanship)
- Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided
- Work and communicate with sales and procurement daily to plan based on company objectives
- Proven work experience as a cold storage Warehouse and Inventory Manager
- Expertise in WMS, and all warehouse management procedures and best practices
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of inventory lot control, for over 200 items and several hundred lots
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Hands on experience with warehouse management software and databases
- Facility maintenance, to include HVAC, forklifts, and paneling.
- Leadership skills and ability to manage staff
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.