Custom Ag Pak is a family-owned processor-shipper of baby leaf items with over 30 years of experience in agriculture. We pride ourselves on long-lasting relationships with our customers and our employees. Custom Ag Pak is known for being responsive leaders in the produce industry processing the highest quality Organic & Conventional Spring Mix, Arugula, Spinach, Kale.
We now have an immediate opening for a Human Resources/Payroll and Safety Manager to join our team in Hollister, CA and Yuma, AZ.
The successful candidate will have supervisory responsibility for all aspects of our Human Resources department including keeping the team notified of all changes to employment and labor laws. Manage and document hiring, onboarding, required training and development of employees including maintaining training databases. Additionally, they will have full responsibility for supporting and maintaining the Company’s payroll in a timely, compliant, and precise manner; will provide special guidance and assistance to all locations on various payroll-related matters, questions or concerns.
This candidate will also be responsible for the continuous overall coordination and implementation of health and safety programs to ensure compliance with regulatory agency guidelines and policies, but most importantly, to ensure employee safety. This is done by developing, implementing, monitoring and enforcing policies and standard operating procedures to ensure compliance at all levels within the company.
The successful candidate will:
- Be Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Have 3 years or more of experience in Human Resources/Payroll/Safety for employee of 100+
- Travel to Yuma, AZ Nov-Mar and Hollister, CA Apr- Nov
- Have Strong work ethic, be a team player with a high degree of professionalism and a self-starter
- Strong oral and written communication skills and be able to deal sensitively with confidential matters
- Problem-solving, decision-making and employee relations skills
- Possess organizational, time management, multi-tasking & prioritization skills
- Have knowledge of Paychex Flex payroll system helpful & best practices
- Must have experience with overtime and piece rate laws along with knowledge of Federal and State regulations
- Have strong PC skills, accurate data entry and record keeping
If this describes you, we want to talk. Compensation based on experience with a family environment to work in offering a great opportunity for personal and professional growth!
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.